Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Part 135
Do y'all ever look back with fond memories? >

Do y'all ever look back with fond memories?

Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Do y'all ever look back with fond memories?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 02:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Back in school.
Default Do y'all ever look back with fond memories?

I recieved a call tonight from a very good friend whom I used to fly with in the caribbean. He happened to call to ask a favor for one of his friends...... and it just sparked memories. I don't mean to sound like a pansy but here I am studying before starting 121 training and this phone call made me wish I was back in Puerto Rico flying with the people that taught me my third language and that accepted me as one of their own (although I was the only gringo).

Do any of you look back on former companies that you worked for.... and albeit you may not have liked it during the time you were there.... but for some reason you wish you were back with you friends doin' the grind?

Am I crazy? Or overly emotional? I think not (but flame away if you do).... I miss surfing in the morning before work or at least snorkeling..... I miss hanging out in Venezuela (although it smells like cow dung).... I miss the comraderie (sp?) that I felt while putting up with crap work rules and the like.... I miss a lot about my last job.

I really wish I was back in PR......

Have you had similar experiences or has my mind checked out for the week? I know there are a few AMF guys who might be able to relate...... being that they took over our runs.....

What is y'alls experience?
Old 04-17-2008, 04:10 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

I do miss the actual flying, and the guys I worked with at my former 135 freight job. Definately some good and bad times all in one. I know exactly what you mean.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: CL650

Originally Posted by belliott View Post
I recieved a call tonight from a very good friend whom I used to fly with in the caribbean. He happened to call to ask a favor for one of his friends...... and it just sparked memories. I don't mean to sound like a pansy but here I am studying before starting 121 training and this phone call made me wish I was back in Puerto Rico flying with the people that taught me my third language and that accepted me as one of their own (although I was the only gringo).

Do any of you look back on former companies that you worked for....

.... I miss the comraderie (sp?) that I felt while putting up with crap work rules and the like.... I miss a lot about my last job.

What is y'alls experience?
Seems to me, the crappier the job was, the tighter the bonds of friendship became. Probably has something to do with "mutual suffering" bringing people closer.

As far as wanting to go back to those former employers.... any "fond" feelings about the company and the job itself are probably due to Stockholm Syndrome.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by jetlag7 View Post
Seems to me, the crappier the job was, the tighter the bonds of friendship became. Probably has something to do with "mutual suffering" bringing people closer.

As far as wanting to go back to those former employers.... any "fond" feelings about the company and the job itself are probably due to Stockholm Syndrome.
Touche sir.... no "fond" memories of your own to relate?
Old 04-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Citation Driver

The view of the candy shop is never so good as it was from the outside.

The climb up the ladder is always better than the view from the top.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:58 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2008

People have a tendency to remember good times better than bad times. The longer it has been, the more good memories and the fewer bad memories you will have. This is the basis for nostalgia. Sometimes, when you reach a new goal (after the initial high), you realize that it isn't the "dream come true" you thought it would be. Alas, regrets creep in. Well, I am getting too philosophical for this site!
Old 04-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: HS125

where in puerto rico did you work? ive been hunting for an outfit in the caribbean for a while now...
Old 04-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Rick....
My company no longer exists.... sold off the aircraft and closed doors after furloughing us. PM me for other caribbean options.