Old 11-30-2014, 06:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: retired

How long to upgrade????
Old 01-31-2015, 10:11 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2013

Any current info on JetSuite? Are they hiring?
Old 02-18-2015, 04:39 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Payscales...??

Captain and f/o
Old 02-26-2015, 07:23 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2013

FO's make $225/day. 14 day guarantee
CA's make $400/day.

If you work 17 days or more you get an extra $100 per day regardless of seat.

FO's $40-59K depending on how much you wanna work. That doesn't include per diem which is $46/day flat.

CA's can make $90k-100K if you wanna work.

Theres some hiring going on. Big perks are: You keep all airline miles. You rack up 100,000 miles per year. You keep all hotel points, all rental car points. So you get to go on vacations with firm tickets with free hotel and free rental car. Thats worth a lot in hidden compensation.

Crew meals if no time to eat. Everyone is pretty happy. Upgrade was about 2 years recently. But new hires are hearing that will be about 12 months for an announcement coming soon.

Overall, its a good place to be if you wanna be home based and don't like 121 flying.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:57 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2008

Originally Posted by RJCaptain View Post
Overall, its a good place to be if you wanna be home based and don't like 121 flying.
By "home based" do you mean that commuting is OK? I saw in a post from a few years ago that it was frowned upon at JetSuite.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:11 PM
Sitting on the sidelines

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by Magcheck View Post
By "home based" do you mean that commuting is OK? I saw in a post from a few years ago that it was frowned upon at JetSuite.
There is no home basing at Jetsuite. For CJ's you are based in PBI. You need to get yourself there the night before your rotation starts. At the end of rotation, they will provide a ticket to PBI or up to the same amount for a ticket someplace else. For Phenom's. there are a number of bases in both northern and southern California. Same deal.

Some pilots do commute. Normally, they request 10-12 rotations and limit themselves to a couple of trips a month. Most live within driving distance of their base.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011

Will they be expanding the Dallas base at all?
Old 03-25-2015, 06:38 PM
Sitting on the sidelines

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by starship View Post
Doubtful. Sorry.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:03 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: A320 FO

We've had a DAL base since March 2011. Until last year, DAL was considered a stand-alone base. You had to be senior to hold DAL, or get lucky when a vacancy opened. Now, anyone can be based in DAL as a new-hire. They consider DAL a domicile extension of the other west coast pilot domiciles. DAL is really the closest thing we currently have to home-basing.

So, as it stands right now, here are the current bases/equip:

P100 - SNA (Main base), VNY, SJC, LAS, DAL.
C525 - PBI

The PBI CJ3 pilots have been pushing for home-basing for quite awhile now; and they're rightfully upset as management has been stalling on that subject for as long as they possibly can. Home/gateway basing has been a major subject since the first CJ3 arrived on property in September of 2013. All of us find it strange that PBI is the ONLY CJ3 base.

However, we do have several pilots that still elect to commute. The company has an arrangement/policy for those commuters. I don't commute, but I'll try to explain it as best I can.

If, say you live in DEN and are based in DAL, and the company needs to airline you to LAS to start your day-one... JS will look at airline fares for the DAL-LAS segment and the price that ticket would have cost the company. If their ticket is $400 and your DEN-LAS ticket is $450, the company will reimburse you only the cost of the ticket they would have bought for you from DAL...so, $400 bucks gets reimbursed back to you in the pay-period that includes perdiem/bonuses/overtime and reimbursements. That commute would have cost you $50 bucks.

If, however, your DEN-LAS ticket was $250, and the companies ticket was still $400, you will still pay $250 out-of-pocket to get to LAS, and you'll be reimbursed the full $250 by the company. You win, and the company wins in this particular situation. So, what happens when the company is looking at flights that connect through DEN? Can you just jump on there? NOPE, it doesn't work like that with our policy, leaving several commuters feeling frustrated.

I have heard that the company also sometimes takes their sweet time reimbursing commuting pilots though. Several I've flown with have been frustrated by the process.

We do have ride agreements with SWA and JBU (zed fare), however, I wouldn't count on using these options to commute as your day-one starting airport may change at a moments notice. Also, you can't use those options anyway as a new-hire. SWA benefits start, I think, 90 days after your DOH. JBU also has a DOH restriction on when you can start using these ride benefits.

A little hint: Since we hardly EVER begin/end trips out of DAL as DAL-based pilots, I'd make my base DAL if I were a commuter on the Phenom 100. You're almost guaranteed to airline to/from work out of DAL. If you commute to the other bases, your likelihood of beginning a trip at any one of them is a lot higher - increasing your commuting cost and in-base accommodations cost.

Hope this helps.

Tex
Old 03-31-2015, 10:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011

Talked to them at the WIA conference here in Dallas. Gave them my resume but seemed as though you had to have references there to get hired.