Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Updated Airnet info?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 07:33 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2008
Position: C208 BE58

Originally Posted by Normann View Post

In the next post you have said something about the training contracts are voluntary... plz explain that. The website has this in the FAQ:

Is that outdated info? Thx!

Q: Does AirNet Express have a Training Agreement?
YES - As of August 1, 2003, AirNet Express implemented a Training Agreement requiring new-hire pilots to fly with us for at least 12 months. It does not cost anything to sign the agreement – just stay for at least one year. The contract is valued at $8,000.00 for qualified Captains and $9,500.00 for SICs. It is not pro-rated.
The initial (new hire) training contract is mandatory. When you upgrade to lear SIC and again when you upgrade to lear PIC you have the OPTION of signing an additional year contract in exchange for a bonus.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: LJ35 PIC

Originally Posted by Normann View Post
I see... You were right! I was confused. I thought you have SE piston props out of FXE. I guess not. So it is a twin. At least I can understand why guys are willing to sign $8k for a twin. Twin time is hard to get when you don't have much of it. Things make more sense now.

The Caravan does not require a type? It is turbine isn't it? I have never looked, but I was under the impression anything that is turbine, is over 12.5 or specified by the FAA needs a type rating.

In the next post you have said something about the training contracts are voluntary... plz explain that. The website has this in the FAQ:

Is that outdated info? Thx!

Q: Does AirNet Express have a Training Agreement?
YES - As of August 1, 2003, AirNet Express implemented a Training Agreement requiring new-hire pilots to fly with us for at least 12 months. It does not cost anything to sign the agreement – just stay for at least one year. The contract is valued at $8,000.00 for qualified Captains and $9,500.00 for SICs. It is not pro-rated.

All new hires (we do not hire directly into the Lear) are required to sign a training contract for one year. I do belive for a prop SIC the contract starts when you have the 135 time minimums and have passed your Captain check ride. You get $3000 upfront for the contract.

Then when you upgrade to the Lear Jet as an SIC they offer a "training contract". In reality it's more like a retention contract. You get $5000 upfront for the contract.

Then again when you upgrade to PIC you are offered another one year contract. You get $5000 upfront for the contract.

Both of these contracts for the Lear Jet is volunteerly

The amount the you copied and pasted is what you would have to pay back on the initial training contract if you break it during the first year. I do not remember the training cost you will be held responsible for if you break the contract as a Lear jet crew member.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: 320*****

Thanks for the clarification.