Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Old 07-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

Originally Posted by robthree View Post
NIP,

Yeah, with 1400ish I'd guess they'd just put you in a SIC seat for the last hundred, unless there was some requirement you were missing that you could only meet flying the mail. On the other hand, they'll probably use you how & where ever they have the greatest need when you come online.
Thanks for the info. A friend of mine over there walked in my resume, and they sent me back an FO application, so I guess that answers my question.

Honestly, I'd have very little problem flying the right seat for a bit to learn the plane and operation before being thrown the keys.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:57 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2008

anyone know the hiring situation, and how long it takes to hear back from them? Got an application email from them and faxed it back about 2 weeks ago, but no news.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:42 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by benwilder View Post
anyone know the hiring situation, and how long it takes to hear back from them? Got an application email from them and faxed it back about 2 weeks ago, but no news.

Faxed in my app. recently as well, and received this email response a week later...

"Thank you for your interest in employment with Cape Air! We have received your complete application. In the coming weeks, we will be reviewing your qualifications and experience.

Thank you again for your interest in Cape Air!"

Anyone else heard anything similar? I'm guessing maybe it has to do with the seasonality of their business. Perhaps when it gets closer to the fall season they'll have a better idea of their needs? Just speculating...
Old 07-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 777, sofa

NIP,

I think the FO app would cover you for flying the mail plane as well. In other words its either you are qualified for an ATP, and you get the PIC app, or you're not and you get the FO app.

I'm just guessing. Next time I see Gene or one of his minions I'll ask.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 777, sofa

ben, jw.., et al

I talked with one of Gene's minions today. She says they're pretty swamped with apps. She says she tries to get a "we got your app" e-mail out within a day or two of receipt, but sorting through the received apps and inviting guys in for interviews is in the neighborhood of 2 to 4 weeks.

I'd say if you sent in an app, but haven't had any acknowledgment in a week, drop an email to see if it arrived safely.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Tuk er jerbs!

Position: B747 Left

Originally Posted by robthree View Post
ben, jw.., et al

I talked with one of Gene's minions today. She says they're pretty swamped with apps. She says she tries to get a "we got your app" e-mail out within a day or two of receipt, but sorting through the received apps and inviting guys in for interviews is in the neighborhood of 2 to 4 weeks.

I'd say if you sent in an app, but haven't had any acknowledgment in a week, drop an email to see if it arrived safely.
Thanks for the info!
Old 08-05-2008, 08:20 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by NightIP View Post
Thanks for the info!
Ditto, thanks a bunch, Robthree!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Line Holder

For what it's worth I went to the job fair in Miami. Spoke with Gene and Krista and dropped off a resume. That was 19 June. Only recently got the phone screening this past Friday. I again spoke with Krista for this. It took about 15-20 minutes. Went over the resume. Then invited to come up for the interview. They will reimburse you for ticket, arrange lodging as required, and schedule a flight from BOS to HYAon Cape Air. Interview consists of company overview, facilities tour and HR interview. No sim. So what was stated about applications seems to be correct as it was just a bit over two weeks for me to hear back. Hope that helps.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Chair Flying
Default ATR Upgrades

I was just wondering how the ATR upgrades work out in GUM? Does anyone know?

Also, I have been trying for the longest time to find info on Cape Air. This answers alot of questions...thanks to all the guys who made that possible.

Last edited by determined2fly; 04-08-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: more to add
Old 04-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: -800

Originally Posted by determined2fly View Post
I was just wondering how the ATR upgrades work out in GUM? Does anyone know?

Also, I have been trying for the longest time to find info on Cape Air. This answers alot of questions...thanks to all the guys who made that possible.
When there is a need for ATR CA or FO a bid comes out. We are all on one Seniority List. Once on the ATR we are seat locked for 18 months. There were two FOs hired from the street in OCT08. Most jr CA was hired in 7/17/2006. I am guessing the upgrade time will be longer now, until the economy picks up.
Most of the 402 PICs wait until they can hold the ATR PIC seat, even then it is still a pay cut for them.
If you got more qs PM me