Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Cape Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/30992-cape-air.html)

mmaviator 10-11-2008 03:04 PM

hobopilot...

for SIC's, when/or how would you know if u get guam. on cape air's website they have that position(atr sic) as being open??? anyone care to explain?

Capn Sac 10-11-2008 05:12 PM

We are hiring off the street FO's for the ATR. I do not think there are more than 2 spots available. We have done this in the past when no one on the current list wanted to bid in as a FO. We just lost 5-6 pilots in Guam to a company in India. You can always apply and fly the 402 until the next spot opens up.

XCRunner 10-12-2008 05:56 PM

Hey everyone Ive been following this thread for a little while now and have a quick question. Does anyone know if Cape Air is still willing to hire FOs into the 402 with lower hours? By lower I mean 650ish with 200plus multi. If anyone knows anything that would be a great help, thanks!!

XCRunner

9kBud 10-12-2008 06:22 PM

There are a few FO's in training right now with fewer hours than that.

Mitragorz 10-12-2008 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by 9kBud (Post 477966)
There are a few FO's in training right now with fewer hours than that.

They probably wouldn't have been hired at this time, though. A friend of mine is in training now with 700TT, but he applied quite a while before I did. When I applied, I originally got rejected because I didn't meet their 1000hr minimum. I had 960TT.

It took an inside reference to get that turned around. I've got a November class date.

It's worth a shot, though.

XCRunner 10-12-2008 07:58 PM

Thanks for the quick replies!! I wish I had an internal reference to see if that would help. Im sitting in the Airnet pool but that is obviously not looking so good now...:( Oh well I guess its worth a shot, what's the worst that could happen, they say no try and again later. Thanks again for the info.

XCRunner

smithee6 10-14-2008 01:57 AM

got a call from gene the other day. I guess since they're so busy with training they're not having another class till December 1st. Anyone else in the November classes get called??

NightIP 10-14-2008 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by smithee6 (Post 478746)
got a call from gene the other day. I guess since they're so busy with training they're not having another class till December 1st. Anyone else in the November classes get called??

D*mn, sorry to hear that. To be fair though, training flights are being canceled left and right due to availability issues even with two classes in process. There's an Oct. 20th class that's starting soon, and I guess a Nov. 3rd class would just put too much strain on the system, I dunno.

smithee6 10-14-2008 08:29 AM

Naa man it's cool. It's actually perfect for me. I'm getting furloughed in nov so it'll give me time to get all my stuff together. I can actually travel a little too so it's perfect for a dec class

TurboDVR42 10-14-2008 09:02 AM

Hey guys,
My first post here. I am starting the ATR class tom. The class will have four people. 1 CA and 3 FOs. I was hired of the street (the CA is coming of the 402 and I will find out tomorrow about the other two)
XCRunners throw your resume in there, I have less time than you do.

I am extremely excited. Get to spend about 1.5 weeks in Hyannis and than of to Houston for the systems and the SIM.