Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

North Country Aviation

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Originally Posted by Jon7988 View Post
The same Jon C indeed.... Being a freight dog is much more fun then pushing buttons in a crj-900 like I am now. But I have a job so its not that bad.
Jonny cakes you can always come back and throw boxes with the rest of us =) Well now you would going from SDF to Edmonton.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Just a broker now.

The Lear 35 is owned by Kalitta now. Dude, you gotta get me the pics once they are done and painted.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by i121ADX View Post

Actually, Grand Aire is still in business, just as an "Indirect Air Carrier" What happend was they were going to bring two Lear 24D's online but it just didn't happen as quick as they wanted it and decided to call it quits for now with the Tri-Coastal part of the company. They even started repainting them and dang, they looked as sharp as IFL's DA20's.
Yea one of them almost looks as good as ours but remember the difference between our Falcons and a run of the mill freighter Falcon is only about $3.5 million dollars each. LOL i know im a prick i just have to brag a little you just dont see equipment like ours used for freight. What can i say i take pride in my company and the equipment I have the privelage of "playing with" You can flame me I deserve it.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Ilikeplanes2 View Post
Jonny cakes you can always come back and throw boxes with the rest of us =) Well now you would going from SDF to Edmonton.
Or you mean not throw the boxes you dont touch them now UPS takes care of everything. You shoulda stuck around Jon without going into to much detail its a hell of a gig now. I always liked it even before the schd stuff but now it really is all gravy. I think you would have really enjoyed it man. How is life at XJ?
Old 01-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Just a broker now.

Originally Posted by TwinTurboPilot View Post
Yea one of them almost looks as good as ours but remember the difference between our Falcons and a run of the mill freighter Falcon is only about $3.5 million dollars each. LOL i know im a prick i just have to brag a little you just dont see equipment like ours used for freight. What can i say i take pride in my company and the equipment I have the privelage of "playing with" You can flame me I deserve it.
Haha. Are you guys dumping the CF7's and putting TF3's on them??
Old 01-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Ha i wish there are no more kits avaliable. If someone else wants a garret powered freighter they have to buy a corporate one rip out the interior and put a door in. Not to many people out there willing to spend $5 million on a freighter, especially in todays market.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: hmmmm.....

Originally Posted by i121ADX View Post
Dave was a BAMF! He is missed very much.
You got it!! Mr. Netter (another good fmr Grand Aire worker) got me an internship/ job shadow with Grand Aire in hs because he knew (went to hs with his son) I wanted to be a pilot. That’s where I met Dave, as a young teen I thought he was the coolest...and he still is!! When I should of been in the engine shop learning I was hanging with Dave.....learning lol. I can say I learned allot about aviation and 135ops from him. He had a true love for flying! Grand Aire had allot of potential, but hey what do I know...
Old 01-13-2009, 07:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Capt

Hi!

Error in my previous post.

I was talking about "Trans North Aviation" and somehow got them mixed up with North Country. TNA is based in Eagle River, WI.

Sorry, I guess being laid off has scrambled my brain???!!!???

cliff
GRB
Old 01-22-2009, 03:29 AM
Line Holder

Position: CRJ-900 F/O

Mesaba is good. Yea I would have for sure liked it more the way it is now then when I was there but I'm happy at XJ. They treat me good, living 15 minutes from DTW and I get 1 1/2 hour call out so its cake even on reserve. The CRJ-900 keeps me on my toes, great airplane. Who knows when I'm 23 if I'm not close to upgrade I might start considering options. Shouldnt be a problem but 4 1/2 years and thousands of SIC hours might be my breaking point!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: Reclined seat

Originally Posted by LibertyDante View Post
What are the minimums for IFL right now?

Anyone know before I contact them to see if they are hiring and what their minimums are if they are?