Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

North Country Aviation

Old 01-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Originally Posted by bgskyguy View Post
Ever notice how people who leave jobs on a bad note are always bending over backwards to bad-mouth their previous employer?

Ever consider that a guy who gives an employer his word and then backs out a few months later might stretch the truth a little bit when asked why he left?
Nah not really, especially when they sign the contract a year prior and never get sent to recurrent even though that was part of the contract, you were still beating holes in the sky in your 172 when these guys worked there, stop listening to your dispatcher blab about them and quit drinking the Gaylord Kool-Aid. The guy that posted previous knows what he's talking about as well. Most people that worked there and left, many with negative experiences, have more time doing mag checks in the barons than you do at the company, you should be happy they left and gave you the opportunity to be where you are. Further down the road when you realize you are probably the lowest paid and overworked King Air pilot in the history of the world, being taken full advantage of, but you work at a "family" run company, and are looking for a new job lets just hope they aren't sitting on the other side of the table with you.

Last edited by JPilot77; 01-25-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by JetPILOT1699 View Post
bgskyguy, I know where you are getting your second hand info from. I Know first hand what happened with the guy they sent to Florida. Fed him a line of BS and then left him stranded to fend for himself when North Country didn't get the work they promised him. He had to move on or starve. The owners are decent people, but they are in business and pay pilots as little as they can until they move on. I can see you are still at the bottom of the food chain if you are working there.
And you Jet pilot. Joined yesterday huh? First post huh?

First off you obviously don't know where I'm getting my info from because you refer to it as second hand. I don't consider it second hand when it comes from the owner, DO, mechanics etc. of the company in question.

Second off, I went to Florida with a King Air for a month last winter. Sat on the beach all day, drank beer, and got paid to do it. Not exactly my definition of getting "stranded."

As far as "move on or starve," that's a line of BS. If NCAI doesn't pay a living wage then how was it that I have been able to buy a house on a lake, a car, and an old fishing boat all on my NCAI pay?

I agree with you that the owners are decent people, probably about the best you'll meet in this business. When you say that they pay their pilots as little as they can I think you're wrong. Am I going to get rich at NCAI? Of course not. But I honestly believe that my pay reflects what NCAI can afford to pay me. It's a small company, nobody is getting rich, including upper management.

And I honestly don't even know what you're trying to say with that last line. Are you saying I'm at the bottom of the food chain because I work at NCAI? If so then I'm happy to be there. I've got a job, I'm making good money, and I love going to work every day. More than what I can say for a lot of people these days. Or maybe you're saying that I'm at the bottom of the food chain at NCAI? If that's the case then that shows just how much you know about the company. If you looked at my profile you would see that I'm a King Air driver, which puts me on the upper end of the food chain at NCAI.

Now if you will excuse me I've got to go set up a dummy user name so I can get back on this thread and back myself up.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:18 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2009

bgskyguy, You live in a fantasy world of your own. You are at the bottom of the food chain and don't even know it. Enjoy yourself.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

What does the number of posts someone has on a forum that is usually filled with wrong or misinterpreted information have to do with anything?

Company Owners and DOs of course they are not gonna misinform or tell you what you want to hear, they will give you straight up facts nothing else.

Buy a house, a car, and a boat, anyone can do that just depends how much debt you wanna go out and get in.

What im getting at is those do not seem like valid points or facts at all, merely your opinions. You work at NCAI and enjoy it thats great,I hope that job is everything you want it to be (no sarcasm intended at all) both sides seem to just be beating a dead horse, if someone wants to go work for NCAI let them go and draw their own conclusion.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:40 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2009

This thread is getting a little old. Bottom line, everybody has their own obligations and aspirations. BG, you work at NC and it works for you, that is outstanding. They are good people and it's a great place to gain experience. That being said, you don’t know the person being bashed on this thread, you only hear things from people that he worked with. In life people are faced with difficult decisions that will impact their future, and some day you will be too. It is unfair, and unprofessional to criticize somebody on this thread, if you have something to say to that person, perhaps you could say it to their face.
I think it’s good that you defend your company and enjoy the life you are leading there. However, it is my belief that you and the others on this thread are receiving bias info about something that happened a long time ago, something that has been resolved. So, let’s leave at that and you can go back to enjoying your life in northern MI, after all it is a beautiful place.

Last edited by slowjet; 01-26-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by JPilot77 View Post
Really, send me a pm, how often did you sic at pfs?

Three of my very close friends flew at North Country and all left with very bad tastes in their mouth, that was their experience, not mine. All of them flew there for close to 2 years. I'd say Pontiac Flight Service is much more reasonable to work with as an employee, you're treated pretty well there and everyone is flexible to work with, an awesome boss/owner as well.

From what I hear ASI in Traverse is the place to be if you want to be in Northern Michigan.
He started it.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Any updates here? I see North Country is hiring. Is it worth pursuing?