Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

North Country Aviation

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2009

WMU it depends on the need. The best thing you can do is go in and introduce yourself. There are several WMU grads at IFL most of them on the Convair.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Ungh... I sign the log

sorry but they are not hiring right now. But, Minimums are... know someone. If they are desperate for pilots than you can get in with a commercial with wet ink. But the industry is flooded right now so you'd be competing with everyone else.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by JPilot77 View Post
Three of my very close friends flew at North Country and all left with very bad tastes in their mouth, that was their experience, not mine. All of them flew there for close to 2 years.
Kinda failed to mention that one of them was asked to leave after flying a Baron through a set of power lines, and another, after begging to take a King Air down to FL for a couple of months came back and quit without fulfilling his contract. What's that saying about ****ing where you eat? that's probably where that bad taste came from.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Originally Posted by bgskyguy View Post
Kinda failed to mention that one of them was asked to leave after flying a Baron through a set of power lines, and another, after begging to take a King Air down to FL for a couple of months came back and quit without fulfilling his contract. What's that saying about ****ing where you eat? that's probably where that bad taste came from.
The one that hit the power lines is not my friend, I barely knew him.

My friend was begged to take the King Air to Florida. If you were in his shoes what would you do, don't tell me you'd live in that $hithole up there not making any money when an opportunity like he got came along. I'm pretty sure you flew with both of my other friends before they moved as well, one doesn't fly and the other went to a regional.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:53 AM
Line Holder

Double post

Last edited by bgskyguy; 01-23-2009 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Double post
Old 01-23-2009, 06:58 AM
Line Holder

My friend was begged to take the King Air to Florida. If you were in his shoes what would you do, don't tell me you'd live in that $hithole up there not making any money when an opportunity like he got came along. I'm pretty sure you flew with both of my other friends before they moved as well, one doesn't fly and the other went to a regional.
You might want to double check your facts before you start slinging mud at another operator. Your friend was the one who asked to go to Florida. End of story. NCAI set him up with a place to stay, bought him a car to drive, and sent him on his way. When work didn't materialize like he had promised he was asked to drive around to some local airports and spread the word. He never did it.

As a matter if fact, I do live in that "$hithole" up there and I get paid pretty well to do it. Otsego County has over 30 lakes, about 300 miles of snowmobile trails, Boyne Mountain 20 minutes away and not to mention Treetops Golf Course where the Pistons hold their annual golf outing. If that's your description of a $hithole then I'd like to see where you live. Tourism is our biggest industry, not many people pay to visit $hitholes.

As far as CS just coming along and snatching him out of this "$hithole" wrong again. That opportunity didn't just "come along." In the USA we usually have to apply for jobs. CS doesn't just drop in to GLR and snag pilots out from under NCAI. That being said when your friend was sent to King Air school he gave his word, and signed a contract, saying he would stick around for a while and not send out any resumes. This is a small company that can't afford to spend thousands of dollars training pilots only to have them leave in a couple of months. In return he got to build the time that helped him get hired at CS. And as you know he chose not to live up to his word.

NCAI is a great place to work, I can honestly say I like and respect every one of my fellow employees. The owners and DO are the best people I have yet to meet in the aviation community. You obviously don't have all the facts so you should probably just shut up.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Originally Posted by bgskyguy View Post
You might want to double check your facts before you start slinging mud at another operator. Your friend was the one who asked to go to Florida. End of story. NCAI set him up with a place to stay, bought him a car to drive, and sent him on his way. When work didn't materialize like he had promised he was asked to drive around to some local airports and spread the word. He never did it.

As a matter if fact, I do live in that "$hithole" up there and I get paid pretty well to do it. Otsego County has over 30 lakes, about 300 miles of snowmobile trails, Boyne Mountain 20 minutes away and not to mention Treetops Golf Course where the Pistons hold their annual golf outing. If that's your description of a $hithole then I'd like to see where you live. Tourism is our biggest industry, not many people pay to visit $hitholes.

As far as CS just coming along and snatching him out of this "$hithole" wrong again. That opportunity didn't just "come along." In the USA we usually have to apply for jobs. CS doesn't just drop in to GLR and snag pilots out from under NCAI. That being said when your friend was sent to King Air school he gave his word, and signed a contract, saying he would stick around for a while and not send out any resumes. This is a small company that can't afford to spend thousands of dollars training pilots only to have them leave in a couple of months. In return he got to build the time that helped him get hired at CS. And as you know he chose not to live up to his word.

NCAI is a great place to work, I can honestly say I like and respect every one of my fellow employees. The owners and DO are the best people I have yet to meet in the aviation community. You obviously don't have all the facts so you should probably just shut up.
I guess I don't have the facts at all sorry, I've only been friends with those guys for the last 10 years and have listened to them talk about their experiences there over and over again.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Wow umm im gonna bite my tongue on this NCA stuff, I never have worked there so I know nothing. As far as IFL goes I wouldnt count on getting hired with low time right now. When i was hired there almost a year ago, the other guys in class all had less than 350TT. Although they are up to their eyebrows with resumes, (not to discourage any furloughed airline guy) I can tell you they wont hire furloughed 121 guys. That eliminates majority of the resumes so put one in dosent hurt and you never know. I can tell you the biggest help is if you live in or near one of the bases they have. Good luck
Old 01-24-2009, 03:33 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2009

bgskyguy, I know where you are getting your second hand info from. I Know first hand what happened with the guy they sent to Florida. Fed him a line of BS and then left him stranded to fend for himself when North Country didn't get the work they promised him. He had to move on or starve. The owners are decent people, but they are in business and pay pilots as little as they can until they move on. I can see you are still at the bottom of the food chain if you are working there.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Line Holder

I guess I don't have the facts at all sorry, I've only been friends with those guys for the last 10 years and have listened to them talk about their experiences there over and over again.
Ever notice how people who leave jobs on a bad note are always bending over backwards to bad-mouth their previous employer?

Ever consider that a guy who gives an employer his word and then backs out a few months later might stretch the truth a little bit when asked why he left?