Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

PDX 135 Start up

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 04:53 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Originally Posted by Luv2Rotate View Post
Hmm could work... I'd wait til spring though because the pnw weather isnt the best and a Baron isnt ice certified.
I digress, but I had to put this here...

On Topic, I think it'd have a chance of working. I don't think SATSAIR made it up to that area, but even if they did a lot of folks(warrented or not) are nervous single-engine passengers. Making sure you have a 8/8+ paint/interior is a big thing when hauling pax. Also it doesn't have to have great avionic's/panel, but if it's clean looking that's a bonus. It's funny the business I'm in with new aircraft, the cheapest part, the paint job, brings up the most squawks and complaints!!!!

I think you got the other portions down, and honestly you might be able to work some sub-charter flights with some of the established locals when their airplanes are down, or they have someone in a squeeze. Mentioning that that Baron will get you to most destinations the Be90 will within 10 minutes, for 1/2 price, is a big seller, but also be prepared for the "little airplane" remarks/comments/etc even compared with the KingAirs.

Good luck with it!
Old 12-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2008

I would be careful with this economy. Recip and turboprop charters are way down this year in general. Your 300hr goal maybe difficult to obtain in real life even though it looks good on paper unless you get yourself a contract. But good luck regardless... How did you get your insurance so cheap that seems real cheap for 135pax insurance.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:28 AM
El Capitan

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by Natlaircharters View Post
I would be careful with this economy. Recip and turboprop charters are way down this year in general. Your 300hr goal maybe difficult to obtain in real life even though it looks good on paper unless you get yourself a contract. But good luck regardless... How did you get your insurance so cheap that seems real cheap for 135pax insurance.
I am really, really experienced with no accidents or violations.