Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SeaPort Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by Spoilers View Post
It truly amazes me that there are people out there that just apply to jobs, but don't know a thing about the company. They hear there is an opening and they throw in their resume, but they have never heard of the company, have no clue what the company flies, where they are located, destinations, pay, etc. There are a few people like that who recently got interviews with SeaPort. Do some research!!! You can start by reading all the SeaPort threads on this forum. There are people that really want to work there and have been trying to work there and have been following the company for a long time that didn't get interviews. Do some research! You better know something about the company, because they will ask you during the interview!
Certainly didn't mean to offend you. I just know there are a couple folks on here who check the thread frequently and have been excellent sources of information. To those people: thank you for taking the time to help the rest of us out. To those bothered by our questions: try to relax... we're all just trying to make it right now.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2009
Position: Jetstream 3201 ....right

Originally Posted by Spoilers View Post
It truly amazes me that there are people out there that just apply to jobs, but don't know a thing about the company. They hear there is an opening and they throw in their resume, but they have never heard of the company, have no clue what the company flies, where they are located, destinations, pay, etc. There are a few people like that who recently got interviews with SeaPort. Do some research!!! You can start by reading all the SeaPort threads on this forum. There are people that really want to work there and have been trying to work there and have been following the company for a long time that didn't get interviews. Do some research! You better know something about the company, because they will ask you during the interview!
Don't know why it surprises you. Companies often ask for resumes and provide very little info. In this case I did seek out and read as much as I could but there isn't that much out there. It's nice to know some of this info even though it may not be a deal breaker. Some of us just need a job or a better job. Don't see why I would pass it over just because I don't know much about it. Maybe that's just me
Old 09-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by wareagle07 View Post
Are you in class now HungryPilot?
Class starts the 28th. He's been picky on who he hired so it's taking him a little longer than originally expected to find the right guys(/gals).
Old 09-11-2009, 12:59 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2008

For those who have been offered positions, how long after the interview did it take to receive an offer?
Old 09-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Left

So many people so Little time. For those of You that PM'ed me and I didnt get back to you fast enough and then left nasty messages. I am sorry. Hopefully you don't have a job at Memphis or in Portland. Cuz people like you need to learn patience. For those of you that waited and that I got back to I hope you get a job or hear from Cullen sooner than later. Good Luck!
Old 09-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2007

I had my interview two weeks ago this coming monday. I thought I did well with the questions he asked me and I was honest too. My sim was great and I felt really good about it; I'm kinda bummed that Cullen hasn't called me back, but from reading the posts I assume he's still interviewing or deciding who to pick. I really hope I get it; this job would be awsome! =)
Old 09-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Line Holder

I got my offer at the interview but I don't think everyone is. I know he is being choosy and rightfully so. I am surprised to see that interviews are still going on almost 2 weeks after he was hoping to finish. Sounds like he is still looking for the right bunch. He does have a HUGE stack of resumes so we can't all get an offer unfortunately.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Ozpilot414 View Post
So many people so Little time. For those of You that PM'ed me and I didnt get back to you fast enough and then left nasty messages. I am sorry. Hopefully you don't have a job at Memphis or in Portland. Cuz people like you need to learn patience. For those of you that waited and that I got back to I hope you get a job or hear from Cullen sooner than later. Good Luck!
Ha ha ha ha ha Some people's children.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Left

I hear people take the job and then do their home work and then decided they don't want the job...or Puss out if you will. Why apply for a job when all the details are posted in black and white?? Do you think some how your going to get paid more than everyone else? Do you think your better than us? Find a loop hole that we have not tried yet? Good grief people.. a wise man once told me, "This business would be so much better if it weren't for pilots and passengers."
Old 09-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: I like seeing everything :)

Oz,

I feel your pain. We hired an FO for the Metro, even got him TYPE RATED in it (we require that since we do Cuba/Bahamas/Turks), and the @#*U@#$ quit 2 days into the job.

Unfortunately, that now means anyone coming on board my airline is stuck with a 1 year work contract and we do hold back some money.

:/