Old 06-04-2013, 06:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: Flying a desk, for good.

I'd like to know as well.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Looks like some folks have phone interviews in the works. Info I have was starting pay was around $35K.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by anothermember View Post
??? what are you talking about? YIP? Wrong part of the world.
American Jet International ? Private Jet Charter and Air Ambulance Services in Houston, Texas
My apologies.....

It was very late when I posted this and merged Amerijet and Ameristar together when I saw the name.

Disregard
Old 06-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2011
Position: 737 CA

Originally Posted by NCR757dxr View Post
It was very late when I posted this and merged Amerijet and Ameristar together when I saw the name.
You should come down to ADS and see the massive Ameristar boneyard of rotting Falcons and Lears.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: CE 500 Series Captain

I don't know if this is the company or not but I know of a pretty bad story I have heard from a couple of sources including one of their pilots. Again I do not remember the name of the company but I know they were from the Houston area and had a similar sounding name to the one in this thread.

The story goes that they were flying a guy back and forth from somewhere in South America to the US and the local police figured out something was up. They searched the guy and the plane and found a boat load of cash. Pilots were in jail for somewhere around 18 months because of this. Not sure of more details and not sure if this is the company but I would try to ask around if it were me.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

This was the only other info I found.

Working at American Jet International | Glassdoor

Also, got info that they do a lot of night flying as well, and you are required to live within 30 minutes of Houston Hobby.

Last edited by PittsDriver; 06-11-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Just had the phone interview with them, they use a system called Talent Plus, all HR type stuff so if you get a phone interview with them that is some good stuff to study on.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:31 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Musical Chairs

Sorry to dig this old one up, but AJI has been doing a lot of hiring recently so I figured it would be good to get some more current info out on this place. Different management team, fleet growth and better pay/QOL improvements have made this a very different place to work as opposed to years past.

-Still owned by Million Air.
-Most of the growth had been at their new base in DAL.
-Set schedule is 10-on, 5 hard days off with most trips out and back since they do aeromedical stuff out of Love Field.
-Pay is commensurate with experience but it's not bad especially in comparison to cargo or the regionals.
-Holiday pay, $59 a day per-diem, and $300 extra if you want to work on an off day makes for a lot of opportunity for extra cash.
-Health/Dental/Vision and 3 plans to choose from.
-Full pay/per diem during training.
-10 days vacation after first year of employment.
-1 year promissory note pro-rated for training expenses (not technically a training contract since those are not enforceable in Texas)

They're looking for King Air 200 PIC's and Lear 31 PIC's/SIC's. Experience in-type is preferred.

Here's the job posting:

American Jet International ? Private Jet Charter and Air Ambulance Services in Houston, Texas

AJI is actively recruiting a BE-200 King Air PIC and 2-LR-31 Pilots to support our newest base of operations at Dallas Love Field.

Hiring Minimums

Turboprop PIC

2000 Total Time
1000 PIC
500 AMEL

Turbo Jet PIC

3000 Total
2000 PIC
LRJET PIC type Preferred

Turbojet First Officer

2500 Total time
1500 PIC

Michael E. Turner

Assistant Chief Pilot-Training Manager
American Jet International
8501 Telephone Rd
Houston TX 77061
713-641-9700 (Office)
866-294-1676 (Fax)
[email protected]
Old 03-23-2015, 03:52 PM

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: ATP, CFI etc.

What's a typical night like doing their medical transportation flights? Multiple hops per night shift? Back to base every night? Or out of the road most of the time? Just the flight crew onboard or other pax too? Thanks to anybody who knows and replies.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:08 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Musical Chairs

Most all aero-medical ops we do are organ donor runs. Generally they're all out-and-back with a return to base. Not all of it is night ops but 60-70% is, so it all just depends on demand. Very rarely there would be 2 runs in one duty period but all have to fall within the 14-hours, of course. Most of the time we have a medical team with 2-4 passengers per trip. Typical night would be to fly the medical team somewhere and wait at an FBO for 2-5 hours for them to finish surgery, then fly quickly back to base and drop them off. During the 10 days on it means on-call 24 hours, but there are PLENTY of days where you may not fly. Only side effect is that random call at 11:30 pm for a run to Lubbock for a liver! In all it's a great gig for those who like spending lots of time at home.