Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

American Jet International in Houston TX

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 08:28 PM
Working weekends

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Left Seat

Originally Posted by Banja View Post
Most all aero-medical ops we do are organ donor runs. Generally they're all out-and-back with a return to base. Not all of it is night ops but 60-70% is, so it all just depends on demand. Very rarely there would be 2 runs in one duty period but all have to fall within the 14-hours, of course. Most of the time we have a medical team with 2-4 passengers per trip. Typical night would be to fly the medical team somewhere and wait at an FBO for 2-5 hours for them to finish surgery, then fly quickly back to base and drop them off. During the 10 days on it means on-call 24 hours, but there are PLENTY of days where you may not fly. Only side effect is that random call at 11:30 pm for a run to Lubbock for a liver! In all it's a great gig for those who like spending lots of time at home.
You guys hiring now ?
Old 03-24-2015, 08:18 AM

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: ATP, CFI etc.

Banja- thanks a million for the info. I have house pets and really do not want to be away multiple nights in a row as a regular thing. Doesn't sound like they do that, it sounds more like what I imagined they do, take a liver somewhere, have some FBO popcorn and go on home. I hear Houston is less than wonderful though.

Satpak- yeah they have ads running on the subscription boards right now. Try CT350, Bizjet, or WFFF.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by Cubdriver View Post
Banja- thanks a million for the info. I have house pets and really do not want to be away multiple nights in a row as a regular thing. Doesn't sound like they do that, it sounds more like what I imagined they do, take a liver somewhere, have some FBO popcorn and go on home. I hear Houston is less than wonderful though.

Satpak- yeah they have ads running on the subscription boards right now. Try CT350, Bizjet, or WFFF.
They are running medical flights out of KDAL. Our company used to have the contract. You aren't dropping off organs, normally, you are flying the crew to extract them. You fly to places like Tyler, El Paso, Galveston, Corpus, etc. You load up the crew and coolers, fly down there, sit for 3 or 4 hours for guts, usually, and then fly back. When you are sitting there, you get the med crew Whataburger or IHOP.

We still do some overflow for them. It's not bad, at all.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:01 PM

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: ATP, CFI etc.

Thanks gents. I signed up for the incoming psych screen, we'll see how it goes. This sounds like a great job for someone who likes smaller aircraft and lots of home time.

[update] I apparently failed the Talent Plus personality phone test today. I wonder how much you can really know about someone from a single 20-minute phone call? Apparently they are quite confident in it though.

Last edited by Cubdriver; 03-27-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:49 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2015

I sent my resume today. Fingers crossed!!
Old 08-05-2015, 01:45 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Anyone have info on the in-person interview; any tech questions, etc?