Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Caravan Pilot Jobs

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by Spoilers View Post
Does Pacific Wings still use SICs in the Van?
Only in New Mexico and Georgia because of the EAS routes. SIC's are no longer used in the Hawaii operation.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: FO4LIFE

Anyone know if PW is hiring Captains in New Mexico?
Old 03-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009

ya pacific wings is still hiring scabs I mean slaves just don't tell them what works best for you because they will do the opposite. In my time there I found out you were better off giving opposite information and it only back fired on me once in twenty countable times. Good Luck and a job is a job and it will put food on the table but some jobs are better than others.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:41 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Default Snarky

Wow! I am learning a lot about the state of the industry these days...suppose we all gotta do what we gotta do sometimes. Though, there is something to be said about remembering why we all do this "flyin' thing"...I didn't forget. Perhaps maintaining pride in what we do will at least make it much easier to sleep at night. Sometimes a little perspective helps. Kind of steppin' back from what we do everyday and saying "yea, this is pretty cool". Either way, thanks to all who posted info on this thread. I am beginning to appreciate very much the value of these forums. THANX!
Old 04-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Left

Pacific Wings has the EAS routes in Hawaii as well. Hana and Kalapapa are both EAS so why are they not using SICs on those routes?

I would suggest going anywhere else than Pacific Wings. I didn't even work there and I hated the place. But i do know a few who did work there and hated it even more.....
Old 04-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009

yep double that last one. It is EAS but they bid nothing on it and most times it would cancel however we would be sent to Hana and required to sit there for three long hours which if you ever are lucky enough to visit Hana airport then it is a one room hut filled with bugs, bees and wasps o and spiders with no one there it is very peaceful the first three sits then it is worse than getting stuck in LGA for a night.

They Bid Nothing on the eas routs then don't serve it. A complete disservice for everyone out there.