Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Cape Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/39132-cape-air.html)

FlyingChipmunk 08-28-2010 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by vtbvtdk (Post 862365)
Anyone know how they choose seniority?

Class start date for ATP qualified candidates or when you get your 135 PIC qualifications you get on the Seniority list, all ATR pilots are put on based on class start date.

Crism 08-28-2010 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by topprospect16 (Post 862445)
True, but anyone can see that list by going to 9kpilots.com

Only reason why I posted it. I'm actually surprised the company hasn't kept it more private.

NightIP 08-28-2010 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Crism (Post 862473)
Only reason why I posted it. I'm actually surprised the company hasn't kept it more private.

That was always a big concern of mine. Most companies guard that information pretty closely.

Hey, they've already dropped me off of it. That was quick. ;)

Way2Broke 08-28-2010 05:03 PM

And I am back on. Technically I never left, but my status changed. :D Now back to my regularly scheduled non-stop studying.

FlyingChipmunk 08-28-2010 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Way2Broke (Post 862522)
And I am back on. Technically I never left, but my status changed. :D Now back to my regularly scheduled non-stop studying.

Your trying too hard there redneck.. More beer for you

NightIP 08-28-2010 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Way2Broke (Post 862522)

Non-stop...you're gonna kill it, but try not to kill yourself in the process! Our chief pilot came into class yesterday and said "Two beers a night, and no more than two hours of studying. Just relax." Mr. Chipmunk has it right!

-BDES

(By the way Way2Broke, don't let me forget to call ya back tomorrow. Just got back from working on some Indoc stuff with a couple guys from class).

Way2Broke 08-28-2010 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by NightIP (Post 862578)
Non-stop...you're gonna kill it, but try not to kill yourself in the process! Our chief pilot came into class yesterday and said "Two beers a night, and no more than two hours of studying. Just relax." Mr. Chipmunk has it right!

-BDES

(By the way Way2Broke, don't let me forget to call ya back tomorrow. Just got back from working on some Indoc stuff with a couple guys from class).

Don't worry man, I know we will catch up. Re-learning stuff from a year ago is more challenging than learning it the first time. I'm never quite sure what to study, until a instructor and myself find something I have forgotten. A prefect example is the 1200ft cruise autopilot limitation on the Cessna autopilots. Not to mention, we all know the training department at 9K has high standards, and I don't plan on letting them, or myself down. :) You were in class with me, you know I lock myself in a room while in training for the most part, and don't leave until the check ride is passed.

Did you notice RSHO and myself are the only ones left from our class? Wow, that is a lot of movement from one class in two years.

Way2Broke 08-28-2010 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by FlyingChipmunk (Post 862546)
Your trying too hard there redneck.. More beer for you

Don't forget, "rednecks" are known for their work ethic, and we never give up, which is exactly why you want us at the controls when something goes down. :D Sometimes we just take a little longer to "get learned" than you city folk. :p For me this is work time, not play time, so relaxing will have to wait. :::::Cue the banjo music from Deliverance:::::

landlocked 08-29-2010 10:42 PM

This has probably been mentioned somewhere recently, but how does hiring look for the rest of the year? Do they look favorably on pilots with previous 402 time?
Thanks.

KAT3 09-09-2010 04:52 AM

Any new word on class dates or hiring from the rumor mill on the inside?