Airline Pilot Central Forums
44  84  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  104  144  194 
Page 94 of 257
Go to

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Cape Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/39132-cape-air.html)

Bozo the pilot 06-02-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudiMENTAL (Post 1420783)
Just saw a post on WFFF for hiring at Cape...

With around 1300 TT/950 Multi is there a decent shot to get hired for either CPT or FO? I've had my app in for a while, but I hadn't updated it until just the other day. As a new hire (either position), what are the chances of getting a BHB or AUG base? Thanks!

Yur bettr off waiting to get atp mins and go in as a captain. imho

rudiMENTAL 06-02-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozo the pilot (Post 1420786)
Yur bettr off waiting to get atp mins and go in as a captain. imho

Probably a good idea... Just curious though if they are still having people who are close to ATP do the mail runs 135 unscheduled?

Bozo the pilot 06-02-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudiMENTAL (Post 1420802)
Probably a good idea... Just curious though if they are still having people who are close to ATP do the mail runs 135 unscheduled?

1200tt gets the pic qual and the mail. The mail is no picnic. Loading the 402 3 or 4 times a day is like real work.:eek:- I nevr did it but I know a few guys who did. Hope u get a few more opinions and good luck.

rvr1800 06-03-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galaxy flyer (Post 1419821)
I'm not too sure you can fly pax IFR FAR 135 in a single turbine.

GF

You can. One of Cape Air's competitors in Hyannis flys the Caravan to ACK.

beeteeaye 06-04-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galaxy flyer (Post 1419821)
I'm not too sure you can fly pax IFR FAR 135 in a single turbine.

GF

135 pax operators are legal for SE or ME. The difference is predicated on PIC requirements, single engine is 135 IFR PIC mins, while multiengine recalls for ATP mins.

WhiskeyMike 06-05-2013 11:07 AM

I got a call today for a brief phone interview! A very nice lady from Pilot Recruiting asked a few questions: what has your aviation career been like thus far and why did you decide to apply to Cape Air. We talked a bit about how the company works, the pay, and I asked a few questions. She asked if I would be interested in coming up for a face-to-face interview. They are conducting interviews each month and I have a choice of interview dates during the next three months. They start running FO classes Sept-Apr.

I'm waiting on an email from them for the interview process and what the exact dates are that I can choose from.

Anybody have a recent interview gouge? Are they doing a sim check again during the interview?

Bozo the pilot 06-05-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiskeyMike (Post 1422622)
I got a call today for a brief phone interview! A very nice lady from Pilot Recruiting asked a few questions: what has your aviation career been like thus far and why did you decide to apply to Cape Air. We talked a bit about how the company works, the pay, and I asked a few questions. She asked if I would be interested in coming up for a face-to-face interview. They are conducting interviews each month and I have a choice of interview dates during the next three months. They start running FO classes Sept-Apr.

I'm waiting on an email from them for the interview process and what the exact dates are that I can choose from.

Anybody have a recent interview gouge? Are they doing a sim check again during the interview?

congrats bro- Cape is a great company and youll love it. I left there in 2011 so ive got no gouge but get yur flows, systems and memory items down before you get to HYA. Itll let you concentrate on procedures rather than the rote memory items. I enjoyed my time at cape just didnt want to be a career cape guy- but many do and have a nice life. Lots of freedom with single pilot cockpit. Good luck bro.

Spicoli 06-06-2013 12:46 PM

Yeah get that systems knowledge down. Start studying now or you will be in big trouble. 402 is a highly complex machine.

usmc-sgt 06-06-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicoli (Post 1423468)
Yeah get that systems knowledge down. Start studying now or you will be in big trouble. 402 is a highly complex machine.

Moderator note:

Start providing something of ANY value to the topic or do not post.

9kBud 06-06-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmc-sgt (Post 1423507)
Moderator note:

Start providing something of ANY value to the topic or do not post.

I will explain why it's important to know that systems and flows since some of the less than experienced posters simply don't understand why. Is the 402 a highly complex machine? Relatively speaking, no. However in a single pilot operation it is especially important to understand the systems because you will face problems with pretty much every one of them at some point, particular in our "well aged" fleet. It does very little good to call MOC with a discrepancy if your systems knowledge is lacking. As far as knowing the flows, it's important in every airplane you fly since it frees up more thinking capability for other tasks. In single pilot flying, knowing the flows is also an extra layer of safety to protect you from yourself, especially when things start to go pear shaped. This is the kind of experience that you gain from being here. So thanks again Spicoli for nothing but your negativity. It sounds like you have much to learn yet.