Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

User Tag List

Old 02-28-2011, 09:12 AM   #21  
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2009

Made it back.

Just showing up and flying is actually a very small part of the job.
Most of our customers are at ease with the fact that they have seen the same Crew's for years. They do build a relationships, the good pilots know how to smile, be friendly, and handle particular requests, because they have done it many times before. We don't have a history of a revolving door of Crews.

The incentive structure pay does let the hard working crew members set themselves apart. It also lets the crew who's dog had the sniffles, or the one who's Uncle's Sisters Husband left her, and the Uncle can't drive, so I need to drive him, set themselves apart also. Of coarse I do realize that personal issues pop-up, and things need to be taken care of, but incentives would both reward the motivated, and reward a little less, the not so motivated.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:45 AM   #22  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETUPANDGO View Post
Just showing up and flying is actually a very small part of the job.
So true. Amen.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #23  
Day puke

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Out.

When I hear flat salary, I figure they are going to fly me until I drop.

When I hear base plus a day rate, I figure they have no business and better be willing to live on base pay. I put absolutely no faith in the "We generally fly X days per month so your pay will be about Y". If you REALLY fly that often, just PAY me that much.

Why not pay a flat salary and demand they are available X days per month?