Position: FO dhc-6

i thought i could handle single pilot,

i realized i was wrong after the crappy approach i flew at night a week ago

best of luck to all you who can do it
Old 10-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: C172, PA28, PA44...Right

New member here. I posted a new thread and was wondering if anyone knows if Ameriflight offers internships. Thanks.

Nick
Old 11-01-2006, 04:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: Various

yes, they have internships.. It's a pay for training program to sit in the right seat Not many 135 guys will have a traditional intern program.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: Sofa Stress Tester
Default we all have bad days

Originally Posted by hatetobreakit2u View Post

Really, single pilot is no big deal. You just have a little more work to do yourself. Nothing you didn't have to do to get your Instrument rating.
As for as approaches go, I have to be careful in summer not to let myself go to long without shooting an approach. I also make sure I shoot different approaches at different airports. And sometimes, their not pretty. But I keep on it until I regain my skills and I perform to MY standard.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:49 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2005

I agree with Ziggy. Remember also, single pilot means planning. Know the weather situation enroute and at your destination. Review the approach before you get in the plane and know your outs. What's the saying: Begin with the end in mind. You should never be surprised that the GS is notamed or that it'll be a loc back course because of the howling, wrong-way wind.

Single Pilot IFR will make you a much better pilot when all is said and done. I learned more in my first 6 months at AMF then I did in 4 years at a Regional.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Originally Posted by hatetobreakit2u View Post

If you are having a problem flying the approach you should think about readjusting the profile to meet your needs. I personally get all of the checklists completed prior to reaching the FAF so that all I have to do is fly the a/c to the MAP. You'll find that the work load is much much lower and you'll do a much much better job of tracking the course and have better situational awareness.

For those of you who are new to the "profiles" game. Profiles are suggestions on how to fly the aircraft under perfect conditions. When conditions are less than perfect, it is up to the pilot in command to recognize what needs to be adjusted to be safe.

For example, if you are not able to fly a localizer and glide slope while reconfiguring, trimming and doing a flow while reading a checklist because you are still new to the aircraft, than I suggest you do as much as you can when you can. If that means you have full flaps and gear down and glideslope intercept or approach flaps and gear down crossing the FAF on a NP approach than do that!

Don't fly the profile for the sake of flying the profile. If you don't feel it is safe you are not obligated to do it! Remember your title Pilot In Command.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:39 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by MWright View Post
Can you give me info on the right seat program at AMF? Thanks.

Anyone know of any other right seat programs? I've got 820TT/40Multi looking for a job. Any ideas?
Trans States Airlines. Hired in 10/06 with 1194/24. Class in Jan 07.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: B767A[ret.]

The policy at the major I retired from was to have the a/c in landing configuration and all check lists completed 3 miles BEFORE the FAF. Sometimes it seemed like a real drag, but beat trying to do everything after the FAF.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: 767 FO

prob not the right place for this but how are these people getting on with trans states with such low multi time, ive applied at 1100 and 100 and nothing...but i cant wait to apply to amflight once i get to that 1200
Old 11-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

diamnd15,

The #1 reason that an applicant doesn't get called is because they do not follow up! Call Tranny State...if that is where you would like to work. I personally think you'll be better of at Amf. You'll get PIC turbine long before you ever get uprgrade at any regional.