Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   TMC- Travel Management Company (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/59272-tmc-travel-management-company.html)

Coopspeed 07-16-2013 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Yeffro (Post 1446030)
Pure curiosity but what determines if a rental is needed? Is parking for a day or three a rarity? I saw mention of it above and am wondering if it's very rare or if there is a nice mix on a tour.

Thanks

Rental is to get you from one aircraft to another. You get no rental if sitting with an aircraft no matter how long.

i fly planes 07-17-2013 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Yeffro (Post 1446030)
Pure curiosity but what determines if a rental is needed? Is parking for a day or three a rarity? I saw mention of it above and am wondering if it's very rare or if there is a nice mix on a tour.

Thanks

If hotel has no shuttle or if it's far away a rental car is arranged.

gold 07-17-2013 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Coopspeed (Post 1446347)
Rental is to get you from one aircraft to another. You get no rental if sitting with an aircraft no matter how long.

How many jets do you guys currently have?

i fly planes 07-17-2013 05:24 PM

70 with I think 30 of those Hawkers and 40 Beechjets

Coopspeed 07-18-2013 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by i fly planes (Post 1446600)
If hotel has no shuttle or if it's far away a rental car is arranged.

...if the fbo can't take you.

WARich 07-20-2013 10:32 AM

What does the captain annual pay average?

GFKFLYER 07-24-2013 10:53 AM

Does anyone have any specifics of the face-to-face interview, sim evaluation, and test? Any information would be great.

Thanks in advance.

gold 07-24-2013 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by FLSTCI (Post 1347069)
Met in the early a.m. at C20 – about a 30 minute drive from the Elkhart area – and was paired with another interviewee for a brief sim period in a ground-based simulator, sort of like a glorified CPT with visuals. Would be a great addition to one's "ultimate man-cave!" Immediately beforehand we both completed a multiple-question test which was straight out of the ATP question bank I seem to recall. The simulator was set up to emulate a straight-wing Citation. We took turns in either seat; the other guy went first. Takeoff from TEB, follow the TEB8, do some basic airwork and get vectored for an ILS back into TEB. On my run I received a V1 cut followed by more of the same. They’re looking at CRM, judgment, flying skills, etc.
They expect you back at company headquarters after a break for lunch. They will send one of to a lab for drug screening while the other interviews. The Director of HR and the CP conduct. Basic HR-type questions: tell us about yourself; tell us about a time when…; why TMC; what are your strengths and weaknesses, and so on. They’ll walk you around the campus and introduce you to other key folks. They do attempt to put you at ease and leave you feeling good about coming to work there.

Someone posted this a few pages back.

GFKFLYER 07-24-2013 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by gold (Post 1451068)
Someone posted this a few pages back.

I did see that, just wondering if anyone had additional information and anything more current than this since it is from February.

i fly planes 07-29-2013 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by WARich (Post 1448270)
What does the captain annual pay average?

First year 65-70k, caps out at around 90k I think?