Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Hawaii?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2009

Update time:

I been talking with the chief pilot at Big Island Air, seems like a decent guy. They pay $43 per flight hr, which I s'pose isn't too bad to drive a caravan. The problem is that they're a VERY small company, only ONE aircraft and I just can't see how I would get enough hours to pay the bills. They are currently looking for a part timer if anyone is interested. If you're a semi-retired guy who is already in Hawaii, this might be a fun gig.

I still havn't heard anything from the other Hawaiian companies. At least Big Isle was nice enough to talk with me LoL

Last edited by flynlion; 09-13-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008

Originally Posted by Rama View Post
Aloha Cargo, Island Air, Kamaka Air and Corporate Air are among the other 135 operators that fly our of HNL.
Island air is not 135. Go! Express was mesa but has been sold so its only direction has to be up .
Old 09-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008

C
Originally Posted by flynlion View Post
Update time:

I been talking with the chief pilot at Big Island Air, seems like a decent guy. They pay $43 per flight hr, which I s'pose isn't too bad to drive a caravan. The problem is that they're a VERY small company, only ONE aircraft and I just can't see how I would get enough hours to pay the bills. They are currently looking for a part timer if anyone is interested. If you're a semi-retired guy who is already in Hawaii, this might be a fun gig.

I still havn't heard anything from the other Hawaiian companies. At least Big Isle was nice enough to talk with me LoL
Chief pilot must have plenty of office time.....
Old 09-20-2011, 04:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: C-172 copilot

MOVE!!! There is next to NO work in HI, its all on the main land & unless you are local you will find next to nothing. get your time & if you want apply at HA then move to LAS that's what most do HA is for locals & Mega rich tourist. Was one of the best moves of my career moving away from HA !
Old 09-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2009

Originally Posted by fxn2fly View Post
Island air is not 135. Go! Express was mesa but has been sold so its only direction has to be up .
I was with Mesa for 10 years and this kinda hurts Yes it's true, Mesa does suck, but it still kinda hurts. Who is running GO nowadays?