Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SurfAir

Old 11-30-2017, 10:39 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Yeah no one knows why, and they didn’t give her a reason. It’s too bad, she will definitely be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2018, 07:39 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Any insight when FO positions will start opening up again?
Old 01-07-2018, 09:47 AM
Works Fri-Sun, golf M-Th

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: Golf Cart

Is Truckee a domicile for you guys/gals? I've read/heard two different answers recently. I think this is a 'no' as TRK is just a destination but wanted to get a straight answer.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:10 AM
Line Holder

Truckee is not a crew base. We have two FO’s that are from that area but they both live in the Bay Area now.

There was a schedule reduction a couple months ago and it happened right after a class of FO’s hit the line. So we are flush on FO’s right now.

We are severely understaffed on Captains so that’s the focus right now. There’s a class of 8 or 10 captains going through training right now and even that isn’t enough. But management seems to think it is so it looks like captains will continue to work 95-105 hours a month and get 8 days off. The QOL that we used the have is gone and it probably won’t get much better till March or April & that’s only if no one else quits on the Captain side, which is extremely unlikely.

FO’s on the other hand are flying 40-50 hours a month and averaging 16 days off.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Works Fri-Sun, golf M-Th

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: Golf Cart

Thanks SkiPilot,

I am hoping to have the requirements to be a direct captain hire but it won't be before April, more like the end of summer/first of fall. I'm going to send you a PM if you don't mind, seeing as we may have a common interest in skiing.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by skipilot84 View Post
Truckee is not a crew base. We have two FO’s that are from that area but they both live in the Bay Area now.

There was a schedule reduction a couple months ago and it happened right after a class of FO’s hit the line. So we are flush on FO’s right now.

We are severely understaffed on Captains so that’s the focus right now. There’s a class of 8 or 10 captains going through training right now and even that isn’t enough. But management seems to think it is so it looks like captains will continue to work 95-105 hours a month and get 8 days off. The QOL that we used the have is gone and it probably won’t get much better till March or April & that’s only if no one else quits on the Captain side, which is extremely unlikely.

FO’s on the other hand are flying 40-50 hours a month and averaging 16 days off.

yikes.....
Old 03-08-2018, 08:33 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Default FO positions

Is Surfair hiring FO's and if so where would one apply. Didn't know if the change of management was using a new website for pilots or if they're just not hiring at the moment. Thanks in advance
Old 03-08-2018, 10:51 PM
Line Holder

We aren’t hiring FO’s at the moment. There are rumblings if a captain class but there’s no set date yet.

Old 04-02-2018, 05:40 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2018
Position: Flight Instructor

Originally Posted by FlyinFoSheezy View Post
I believe this company still operates single pilot 135 turboprops Sky Trek Aviation
Sky Trek is still in operation in Modesto California. They fly Cessna 210's, King Airs and PC12's mainly. Not sure if they still use the Baron. 91 and 135 trips.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:07 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2016
Default FO Hiring Update

Any update on when Surf Air might be looking to bring on more FOs?

Thx!