Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SurfAir

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 04:50 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

I can’t say anything about what they use in Texas as it’s a whole different operation at this point. I believe they used Monarch and one other operator in Texas. If those two operators fully qualified their people or not is not something I would know.

As for in California the operator for Surf Air is Encompass Aviation. They use an operator out of Vegas called Steeleman Aviation for all the Vegas flights because Encompass doesn’t have interstate authority yet.

I can say that all of the pilots for Encompass and Steeleman are fully qualified.

As for Encompass, they are working on a class of street captains. I don’t know when that class is but the sooner the better. As for FO’s I’m not entirely sure that we need any at the moment, but that could change tomorrow for all I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2017, 11:27 AM
Pathological Flyer

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by skipilot84 View Post
I can’t say anything about what they use in Texas as it’s a whole different operation at this point. I believe they used Monarch and one other operator in Texas. If those two operators fully qualified their people or not is not something I would know.

As for in California the operator for Surf Air is Encompass Aviation. They use an operator out of Vegas called Steeleman Aviation for all the Vegas flights because Encompass doesn’t have interstate authority yet.

I can say that all of the pilots for Encompass and Steeleman are fully qualified.

As for Encompass, they are working on a class of street captains. I don’t know when that class is but the sooner the better. As for FO’s I’m not entirely sure that we need any at the moment, but that could change tomorrow for all I know.

I have a phone interview with Elaine and a couple others on Thursday for a class I believe they're putting together at the end of the month. Was also told it was for possible contract work out of CRQ. So I'm a bit confused. Nothing new. Could you please outline the training schedule for a captains position? Duration, location, etc. Thank you in advance..
Old 10-15-2017, 12:24 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by Flightsoffusion View Post
I have a phone interview with Elaine and a couple others on Thursday for a class I believe they're putting together at the end of the month. Was also told it was for possible contract work out of CRQ. So I'm a bit confused. Nothing new. Could you please outline the training schedule for a captains position? Duration, location, etc. Thank you in advance..
What did your interview with Elaine consist of?
Old 10-15-2017, 10:01 PM
Pathological Flyer

Originally Posted by arniepieinthesk View Post
It was moved to 10/17
Old 10-16-2017, 03:11 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

I’d tell you if I knew. I was hired when Surf still had their own certificate. I’ll ask around.

If I had to guess it’d be a series of TMAAT questions, or if you haven’t had a certain experience what would you do if you ended up in a certain scenario type of questions. Along with the standard HR questions such as: Why leave your current job? Why do you want to work here? What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?

Also, don’t bull**** her, she will see right through it. Just be honest.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:07 AM
Pathological Flyer

Originally Posted by skipilot84 View Post
I’d tell you if I knew. I was hired when Surf still had their own certificate. I’ll ask around.

If I had to guess it’d be a series of TMAAT questions, or if you haven’t had a certain experience what would you do if you ended up in a certain scenario type of questions. Along with the standard HR questions such as: Why leave your current job? Why do you want to work here? What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?

Also, don’t bull**** her, she will see right through it. Just be honest.

Already spoke to her and Dan several times. Thanks..
Old 11-06-2017, 07:24 AM
Pathological Flyer

Originally Posted by arniepieinthesk View Post
It was just a 30 minute "tell me about yourself" along with the latest that's happening at Encompass. Nice folks.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Boutique, Surf Air, or PlaneSense?

Sound off.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:41 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Thread bump... Does anyone have any updated info on Surf Air / Encompass Aviation? I heard some gouge that they hired a few low time FOs and were looking for guys with less time as there won't be so much turnover.

Anyone have an update?
Old 11-10-2017, 08:42 AM
Pathological Flyer

Originally Posted by SCfly View Post
Thread bump... Does anyone have any updated info on Surf Air / Encompass Aviation? I heard some gouge that they hired a few low time FOs and were looking for guys with less time as there won't be so much turnover.

Anyone have an update?
Interviewed last we for a direct captain position. Was told that they're planning on another class after Thanksgiving. Haven't heard whether they want me or not. Doesn't answer your question I know. It's all I got.. Best.