Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SurfAir

Old 10-30-2016, 05:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Are these potential CJ4s or Phenom 300s for the U.S. or the European market or both?
Old 10-30-2016, 12:29 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2016
Position: EMB500/505

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
Are these potential CJ4s or Phenom 300s for the U.S. or the European market or both?
These are for the European market ONLY. Please remember Surf Air US and Europe are 2 separate entities. It's easy to confuse the 2. The US side is severely limited due to investor issues, while the European side has much greater potential for success. Hopefully the US side will be able to grow and not succumb to it's continued problems as attention is switching to SA Europe.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:37 PM
New Hire

Position: EMB500/505

Originally Posted by Jet1337 View Post
I just hope if Surf Air USA loses pc12 orders then they gain something else like small jets and can grow outside of California with an interstate license. The next few months will be interesting....
The only way SA US will get small jets is if they use them for on demand ops only. The current model is only successful (almost?) with the economy afforded by the PC12. With their hardships in fulfilling PC12 orders I highly doubt they will ever be able to lease jet aircraft. Especially when you factor in the costs associated with maintenance and training. Another problem no one talks about is with growth in the US, where are they planning on putting all these airplanes? FBOs are already strained trying to accommodate the current fleet, adding any more is a big problem, especially at their main locations SQL and HHR.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:38 PM
On Reserve

While the claim that Europe and US are separate, the statement above about PC12 orders going to Europe contradicts that. "We're separate.... oh but we are going to take some of the pre-ordered cake...." Maybe it's just to appease Pilatus so aircraft are not sitting at their Denver facility. On-demand jet ops is feasible. We're already doing on-demand scheduled trips to select locations. If/when we get interstate, new markets open up. Let's just hope Santa Monica is smart about it.

San Jose is a huge untapped market (that management has acknowledged for some time) and would alleviate the SQL strain. Why the company hasn't shifted some SQL flights to SJC is mind boggling. Plenty of members do business in the south bay especially the inbound morning SBA crowd. Signature SJC is basically a ghost town and has nothing but potential to handle a steady Surf fleet. There has been talk of adding SJC-TRK this coming winter.

Operationally, SQL is going to be a major pain to get into this winter with the raised/NOTAMd RNAV mins. There will be many more diversions... to none other than SJC! Hell, Palo Alto should be considered at this point. A slightly shorter runway (2443) but it has 2 approaches that have slightly better minimums than the 'old' SQL RNAV-Z minimums. And Palo Alto is right in the middle of tech central and closer to where the members do business.

Last edited by Jet1337; 10-30-2016 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:59 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by Griffin20 View Post
Does anyone have an idea if they can be lenient with the 2000 TT requirement for CA's?
For now street CA mins are 2000TT with ATP. internal uprades are 1500TT.

Get your app in and update. Still hiring into a pool and seeing attrition (mostly SoCal). A class is finishing up today. Another class starts Nov 28.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:12 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2012
Position: FO

Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
For now street CA mins are 2000TT with ATP. internal uprades are 1500TT.

Get your app in and update. Still hiring into a pool and seeing attrition (mostly SoCal). A class is finishing up today. Another class starts Nov 28.
Good to know, thanks!
Old 12-11-2016, 03:46 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2015

As a Southern California native and someone who is graduating soon I am very interested in SurfAir. I would love to be able to build time somewhat near home. I am in the process of finding a flight school and debating if I should stay in the midwest or go back to SoCal. It would be great to gather any info on SurfAir to help aid in my decision of where to aim my sights. If any SA pilots would be willing to discuss opportunities/advice I would love to listen. Looking forward to any replies or PMs. Thank you!
Old 01-08-2017, 11:49 AM
On Reserve

Right now, Surf is hiring only to cover attrition. We had quite a few pilots resign last year beginning in July through the end of the year. Classes were held in July, August, Nov and December. Apply and update every 2 to 3 weeks. Hiring into a pool continues.
The coming months will be interesting with lots of potential on the horizon.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:53 AM
On Reserve

Posted at bizjetjobs.com overnight. Ironically not posted at the company website. Will Europe finally get airborne? And now with PC-12s?

Last edited by Jet1337; 02-09-2017 at 07:11 AM.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:02 AM
On Reserve

The March class was pushed up to next week Feb 13. At least another class will occur in March (previously April). Many resignations lately (mostly pilots off to the regionals) and internal upgrades about to happen. Keep those resumes updated and continue to update.