Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SurfAir

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 07:32 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by intherightseat View Post
Encompass is hiring and they are looking for a mid-July class to start on the line early August.

I received a call today from HR so this is straight from Encompass.

Edit - Adding: My resume was originally submitted a month ago to Surf for context.
Congrats man, how many hours do you have if you mind me asking?
Old 06-14-2017, 10:43 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

800TT/200ME

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2017, 08:40 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Anyone have any idea why did they got rid of Jeff Potter and Jim Sullivan?
Old 06-26-2017, 11:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by Theoneinall View Post
Anyone have any idea why did they got rid of Jeff Potter and Jim Sullivan?
Sounds like they're trying to figure out how to be profitable. In the SV start up world, churning through CEOs isn't uncommon, just like start-ups that are never profitable aren't uncommon. If the CEO can't make money, the board boots them and replaces them with someone they think can.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016

So for whoever wants to apply have to go through Encompass and not through the main SA website? I see there are no more open positions through SA? Has hiring stopped?
Old 06-26-2017, 11:43 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Hiring has finally started back up and there's a class in July, rumor is that it will be a fairly large class.

Surf Air no longer has an operating certificate and is essentially a broker that in this case farms out its flying primarily to encompass. There's another operator that is flying Surf's Vegas routes until the DOT approves Encompass for interstate. There is apparently a 6 month hold on interstate authority on any new operating certificate, pretty standard government bs.

All the pilots, operations personnel, & maintenance personnel now work for Encompass. The concierges, member care, sales team, finance team, etc are still Surf Air.

The benefit to selling the operation to encompass is that Surf no longer needs to care about foreign investment money / ownership percentage vs domestic and in theory can expand rapidly.

As for experience levels of new hires. It's a big range. There have been people with 300TT to 5000TT. Just apply and see what happens. If you get the interview you need to be on point with your IFR knowledge or you'll get your ass handed to you.

[email protected]

Old 06-27-2017, 07:47 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by skipilot84 View Post
Hiring has finally started back up and there's a class in July, rumor is that it will be a fairly large class.
Any idea on how large the class will be? Thanks for all of the great info!
Old 06-27-2017, 10:51 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by skipilot84 View Post

Surf Air no longer has an operating certificate and is essentially a broker that in this case farms out its flying primarily to encompass. There's another operator that is flying Surf's Vegas routes until the DOT approves Encompass for interstate. There is apparently a 6 month hold on interstate authority on any new operating certificate, pretty standard government bs.

All the pilots, operations personnel, & maintenance personnel now work for Encompass. The concierges, member care, sales team, finance team, etc are still Surf Air.

The benefit to selling the operation to encompass is that Surf no longer needs to care about foreign investment money / ownership percentage vs domestic and in theory can expand rapidly.

As for experience levels of new hires. It's a big range. There have been people with 300TT to 5000TT. Just apply and see what happens. If you get the interview you need to be on point with your IFR knowledge or you'll get your ass handed to you.

[email protected]

That email comes back as invalid, is that the correct email?
Thank you for the info non the less!
Old 06-27-2017, 11:08 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by marcusstcyr21 View Post
That email comes back as invalid, is that the correct email?
Thank you for the info non the less!
What I found on their recruiting page was [email protected]

Encompass Aviation
Old 06-27-2017, 11:09 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Try [email protected]

The person you are emailing is Elaine Jumes, she's recruiting amongst other things