Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SurfAir

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 12:12 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by skipilot84 View Post
No CASS, a couple space available agreements. Our payscale is on airlinepilotcentral.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay thanks for pointing that out! Do you know any FOs who live away from base that commute at all with the agreements? And what their schedule is like if so? Thanks again!
Old 07-11-2017, 09:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by nfpilot914 View Post
Okay thanks for pointing that out! Do you know any FOs who live away from base that commute at all with the agreements? And what their schedule is like if so? Thanks again!
Very doubtful.

1. Surf Air flies all day trips, so you would need a place to live, not just a standard crash pad.

2. Surf Air domicile are at small airports like HHR, CRQ, and SQL. None of those have airline service, so you would have to fly into a big airport and Uber to work.

3. Surf Air has cabin seat agreement, but not cockpit. That means you will always be the lowest of the low priority to get on the plane. Pilots are able to commute because they can take the cockpit jumpseat, or are first priority on their own airline. You get neither of these. Be ready for lots and lots of missed flights and airport appreciation time.

If you try to commute to fly for Surf Air, you will have the absolute worst QOL that I can possibly imagine. My suggestion is to move to California if you want to fly for Surf Air.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:56 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by iahflyr View Post
Very doubtful.

1. Surf Air flies all day trips, so you would need a place to live, not just a standard crash pad.

2. Surf Air domicile are at small airports like HHR, CRQ, and SQL. None of those have airline service, so you would have to fly into a big airport and Uber to work.

3. Surf Air has cabin seat agreement, but not cockpit. That means you will always be the lowest of the low priority to get on the plane. Pilots are able to commute because they can take the cockpit jumpseat, or are first priority on their own airline. You get neither of these. Be ready for lots and lots of missed flights and airport appreciation time.

If you try to commute to fly for Surf Air, you will have the absolute worst QOL that I can possibly imagine. My suggestion is to move to California if you want to fly for Surf Air.
Awesome thank you for the great information! Good to know!
Old 07-11-2017, 01:25 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by skipilot84 View Post
Class of 14 FO's starting today. Also 8 internal upgrades in the pipeline with upgrade ground on both the 15th & 22nd

Damn that's a huge class. Did they just end up hiring everybody that interviewed?

Old 07-12-2017, 05:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

[QUOTE=iahflyr;2392789]Very doubtful.

If you try to commute to fly for Surf Air, you will have the absolute worst QOL that I can possibly imagine. My suggestion is to move to California if you want to fly for Surf Air.[/QUOTE]

Or Texas with the RISE acquisition....
Old 07-12-2017, 10:45 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Yeah you definitely want to live in California. Maybe you could bid for a block schedule and commute within CA, but that's about it.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:36 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Position: smoke and spider season

Nice plug by BBC for Surf Air...

BBC - Capital - The man who takes a plane to work every day
Old 07-14-2017, 05:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by PetRock View Post
That's a great video. No doubt Surf Air does provide good value for commuters like the guy in the video.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:28 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Default Surf Europe and surf air pilot future

Gents how can you get on with surf air Europe with there Jet? What is the typical future of a surf air pilot post part135, direct to majors or just a gig with a regional? 1000hrs in company for Left seat, guessing about a 1 yr upgrade, do they pay for ATP and what's the bonus if any for staying with them...
Old 07-23-2017, 01:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by V22Plopter View Post
Gents how can you get on with surf air Europe with there Jet? What is the typical future of a surf air pilot post part135, direct to majors or just a gig with a regional? 1000hrs in company for Left seat, guessing about a 1 yr upgrade, do they pay for ATP and what's the bonus if any for staying with them...
I think the one current Phenom 300 is managed by Flairjet out of London Luton. Contact Flairjet. I believe PC12NGs are forthcoming.