Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2017, 11:32 AM   #561
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dera View Post
I'll rephrase that for you:



They could if they would pay more for insurance that allows 135 IFR mins as PIC...


Haha thatís exactly right Dera


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skipilot84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:59 PM   #562
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipilot84 View Post
They could if insurance didnít require an unrestricted ATP


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is true. If insurance didnít require the unrestricted ATP they wouldíve lowered the captain mins from 1500 a while ago
Socalflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:11 PM   #563
The Red Stripe
 
Dhood84's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Baby Jungle Jet
Posts: 272
Default

We just got 5 or 6 of your pilots from Burbank area. Whatís the reason people are jumping ship for other 135 companies?

DH
Dhood84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:17 PM   #564
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhood84 View Post
We just got 5 or 6 of your pilots from Burbank area. Whatís the reason people are jumping ship for other 135 companies?

DH
A lot of those captains became scared of the maintenance on the aircraft. They will probably tell you that there were major issues when in reality they were just tired of being at the company. They probably went to your company because they canít handle being away from home for more than 12 hours. They would rather take a 50% pay cut than to go somewhere else. They werenít captains in my opinion.
Socalflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:37 PM   #565
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Position: FO/CFI
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalflyguy View Post
A lot of those captains became scared of the maintenance on the aircraft. They will probably tell you that there were major issues when in reality they were just tired of being at the company. They probably went to your company because they canít handle being away from home for more than 12 hours. They would rather take a 50% pay cut than to go somewhere else. They werenít captains in my opinion.
I respect your opinion and enjoy working here myself but I disagree with this sentiment. People have many valid reasons for leaving companies and there's absolutely nothing wrong with someone parting ways with one that evolves into something that no longer suits what they need/want out of the job. I've flown with the captains that left recently and each of them were great to work with and got the job done.
TheGuythatFlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:16 PM   #566
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuythatFlies View Post
I respect your opinion and enjoy working here myself but I disagree with this sentiment. People have many valid reasons for leaving companies and there's absolutely nothing wrong with someone parting ways with one that evolves into something that no longer suits what they need/want out of the job. I've flown with the captains that left recently and each of them were great to work with and got the job done.
Maybe the way I had worded myself came off wrong. I do agree with you that those captains were great to work with. There was never one individual I didnít like to fly with. But a lot of their opinions on the company were affecting everyone negatively. I think it was in their best interest to move on to something else instead of staying.
Socalflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:39 PM   #567
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left
Posts: 874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalflyguy View Post
A lot of those captains became scared of the maintenance on the aircraft. They will probably tell you that there were major issues when in reality they were just tired of being at the company. They probably went to your company because they canít handle being away from home for more than 12 hours. They would rather take a 50% pay cut than to go somewhere else. They werenít captains in my opinion.
Why is it surprising that pilots want to move from PC12s to jets? Maybe not everyone, but I assume many pilots have the same interest. Personally, I think the regionals are offering particularly attractive opportunities for qualified pilots.
David Puddy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:43 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.3, Copyright ©2000-2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017 Internet Brands, Inc.