Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Mokulele Airlines Fleet Growing

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by sushka02 View Post
Toward the end of my time at MW in 2010 we did have a few p2f SICs. I think they all upgraded after some time.
I have heard there used to be p2f SIC's. Now it's just a training contract for 12 months, worth $4,800, if you quit you pay it. I don't know if they actually go after it and no SIC's I know of have quit before they upgrade. The contract goes away when you upgrade though.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013

I have a couple of buddies from school at this place, they love it and the flying. One guy has been trying to get me to come out when I get my CFI next week, but my thing is....is the time worth anything? I knows its turbine time, but from reading and researching it was always under the impression that complex, and multi time is very valuable when applying with the regional's.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by seminolepilot View Post
I have a couple of buddies from school at this place, they love it and the flying. One guy has been trying to get me to come out when I get my CFI next week, but my thing is....is the time worth anything? I knows its turbine time, but from reading and researching it was always under the impression that complex, and multi time is very valuable when applying with the regional's.
The only important things when applying to the regionals are ATP mins. As long as you have the 50 multi you'll get every thing else you need here. You'll come here and get your PIC time. You'll get the regional guys who will tell you the time is worthless... it's not. It's 135 time and turbine time at that, it allows you to check the 1000 TPIC box which is more than most of them can say. Most people here aren't rushing to the regionals either.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:16 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2013
Position: Flying a PT6 powered Box

I've heard good things and jumped on them a few times the pilots always seem laid back and happy with where they are.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: PLEASE ADVISE

This place is worth it. I went through some tough times with MW 2008-2010, but I got a ton of time and moved on. If you want to hit 1,500 quick, consider this to be one of the easiest and mos debinately enjoyable places to do it. How many people get to fly VFR in Hawaii everyday? It's sick, brah.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: PLEASE ADVISE

(VIDEO) Updated 10:20 p.m.: Small plane lands safely on Piilani Highway - Mauinews.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Visitor's Information - The Maui News
Old 02-27-2016, 12:20 PM
just past ETP

Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Cruise Captain

since there is no good recent threads on this outfit, can someone tell me what the best way to get on as a street captain with MU? Got a friends son I'm trying to get a job out here in HI to get some PIC turbine.. do they still do street CAs or are most FO's upgrading?
Old 02-27-2016, 02:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by CATIII View Post
since there is no good recent threads on this outfit, can someone tell me what the best way to get on as a street captain with MU? Got a friends son I'm trying to get a job out here in HI to get some PIC turbine.. do they still do street CAs or are most FO's upgrading?
Really? a 14 page thread with the last post three days ago is not good enough?

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/pa...rlines-14.html