Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Southern Airways Express (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/76054-southern-airways-express.html)

Boeing Aviator 06-25-2017 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Javichu (Post 2372683)
Haha I agree, CFI is way better

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

As a 30 year 20,000 hour major airline 767 captain, I respectfully but very strongly disagree.

Today in the regionals you are stepping into
(In most cases) a transport category jet - glass cockpit - FMS automated airplane. A lot of the millennials have become the children of the magenta line. Something to be said about low altitude, in the weather, into high density airports and in many cases hand flying a significant portion or all of the flying.

In my day in the mid 80's at my airline we were hand flying Twin Otters, B-99's and B-1900's all with no auto pilots averaging 6 legs a day in the weather in the NE. At one point my airline had a 90 precent turn over in a year to all the majors hiring then. They loved the skill set of our pilots.

Again no disrespect to flight instructing I did it and still have my current CFI, CFII and MEI. Flight instructing in my humble opinion, no way compares to 135, regional, low altitude, in the weather flying into high density airports. Plus the transition from this type of flying to a regional jet or corporate jet flying is much easier and you can never take away the non glass real instrument flying experience you'll get in a job like this one.

My two cents.

ThefiestyGOAT 07-19-2017 11:04 AM

I've been following this thread a while and seen guys talk about a gouge, but I have never seen anyone post anything about the phone interviews or anything else. Does anyone have any current info on what to expect?

Looks like they are confirmed CASS now BTW. there has been a lot of talk in the threads about that.

Thanks!

Billy738 07-20-2017 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by ThefiestyGOAT (Post 2396819)
I've been following this thread a while and seen guys talk about a gouge, but I have never seen anyone post anything about the phone interviews or anything else. Does anyone have any current info on what to expect?

Looks like they are confirmed CASS now BTW. there has been a lot of talk in the threads about that.

Thanks!

So if they're part of Cass, they can jumpseat on Anyone that participates in Cass am I correct? So like delta, united etc.

flyonboyz 07-24-2017 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Billy738 (Post 2397331)
So if they're part of Cass, they can jumpseat on Anyone that participates in Cass am I correct? So like delta, united etc.

I dont' believe they are confirmed in CASS yet, however they are on the Lufthansa "pass fly", meaning that you can purchase a ticket at a reduced rate on participating carriers.

skruts 07-24-2017 05:26 PM

Some airlines want a reciprocal agreement, other airlines say if you're in CASS that's enough for them. Specific policies can be found on the ALPA jumpseat info page.

Boeing Aviator 07-24-2017 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)

No United, Delta & American. See attachment for approval CASS list.

flyonboyz 07-26-2017 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Boeing Aviator (Post 2399370)
No United, Delta & American. See attachment for approval CASS list.

Hard to read that lol

Boeing Aviator 07-26-2017 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by flyonboyz (Post 2400044)
Hard to read that lol

Oops, sorry didn't try to open. I didn't realize it wasn't clear when clicked on to enlarge. When I get a feee moment, I'll list manually. Lots of regionals and a few low cost carriers no legacies.

flyonboyz 07-29-2017 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Boeing Aviator (Post 2400052)
Oops, sorry didn't try to open. I didn't realize it wasn't clear when clicked on to enlarge. When I get a feee moment, I'll list manually. Lots of regionals and a few low cost carriers no legacies.

Thank you :D

Javichu 07-31-2017 09:04 AM

Hello everyone, any idea on future classes? Dates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro