Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Southern Airways Express (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/76054-southern-airways-express.html)

juju 08-27-2019 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by DrSmacFum (Post 2874918)
Can any of you share your timeline on the hiring process?

Specifically, how long it took for them to respond to your application/email.

And do they let you know if your application is rejected?

Thanks

Following this post. I definitely would like to know too

juju 08-27-2019 10:02 AM

Just prior to getting my CPL they had a posting for FO but now that i had got it the post is no longer there. My guess they had filled all positions? Any one know if the company is filled or not?:o

G0run3 08-28-2019 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by juju (Post 2877448)
Just prior to getting my CPL they had a posting for FO but now that i had got it the post is no longer there. My guess they had filled all positions? Any one know if the company is filled or not?:o

I was in the August class. Company claims they have over 500 applications on file for FO position. My guess is you have very little shot if you aren’t calling their recruiter (Julie) on a regular basis. There were 6 in the class ranging from 250TT - 600TT. The more hours you have doesn’t mean you have a better shot. If you just hit submit on the application and that’s it, good luck. Probably not going to happen. Be proactive.

Aside from that, training is 3 weeks. 10 days ground/135.293 in Pompano Beach. 10 days ground/sim in Wichita.

To the above post... positions are never “filled” more open up every month, same as everywhere else.

juju 08-29-2019 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by G0run3 (Post 2878033)
I was in the August class. Company claims they have over 500 applications on file for FO position. My guess is you have very little shot if you aren’t calling their recruiter (Julie) on a regular basis. There were 6 in the class ranging from 250TT - 600TT. The more hours you have doesn’t mean you have a better shot. If you just hit submit on the application and that’s it, good luck. Probably not going to happen. Be proactive.

Aside from that, training is 3 weeks. 10 days ground/135.293 in Pompano Beach. 10 days ground/sim in Wichita.

To the above post... positions are never “filled” more open up every month, same as everywhere else.

i did send in my resume to HR and one also to 'J' but no replies since. Contacted the company number and was told to contact HR :confused:

DrSmacFum 08-29-2019 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by juju (Post 2878881)
i did send in my resume to HR and one also to 'J' but no replies since. Contacted the company number and was told to contact HR :confused:

they are backed up and wont begin interviewing people again until late september early october.

ZapBrannigan 09-14-2019 06:33 PM

I just found out we could buy ID90s on Southern. Any way one of you guys could check loads for me DFW to HOT on 10/5 and back on 10/6? Thinking it would be fun to take the family up there for a quick weekend getaway.

Moonlight 09-17-2019 06:59 AM

Julie had said she would interview me mid September, haven't heard from her yet. I am interested in their Skywest program. Any interview prep advice out there from current pilots?

Thanks!

Moonlight 09-17-2019 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by G0run3 (Post 2878033)

Thank you very much!

G0run3 09-17-2019 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Moonlight (Post 2888654)
Julie had said she would interview me mid September, haven't heard from her yet. I am interested in their Skywest program. Any interview prep advice out there from current pilots?

Thanks!

You don’t need advice. Nor do you need to prep. It’s basically a conversation to determine if you’re a normal human being. Can you hold a conversation? Can you come up with coherent thoughts and communicate them verbally to the nice person on the other end of the phone?

Then you’ll be fine!

Moonlight 09-19-2019 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by G0run3 (Post 2888890)
You don’t need advice. Nor do you need to prep. It’s basically a conversation to determine if you’re a normal human being. Can you hold a conversation? Can you come up with coherent thoughts and communicate them verbally to the nice person on the other end of the phone?

Then you’ll be fine!

Thank you for the reply.

Normal? :p