Retired

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: whale wrangler

Your a/c has an 8 track set up
Old 03-29-2012, 06:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Seat 0B

You constantly get a heading to Re-join the airway.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Fixed wing, left

Originally Posted by TMoney View Post
You wear ski goggles and a headlamp to work so you can see while you tug the plane out of the hangar during a snow storm at a crappy uncontrolled airport in the middle of nowhere.
Ain't that the truth! Double rainbow.....
Old 04-01-2012, 06:44 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2008

You see the truck driving ad on APC and consider the improvement on QOL.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2011

ATC asks if you can go direct to a fix and your response is " No but we are equipped for Radar Vectors."
Kansas City Approach Controller and you spend the whole time in their sector talking about the Chiefs.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: goin somewhere....

Originally Posted by WarrenWallace View Post
ATC asks if you can go direct to a fix and your response is " No but we are equipped for Radar Vectors."
Kansas City Approach Controller and you spend the whole time in their sector talking about the Chiefs.
On that same note you say "unable direct ....fix, /A.." and after a long pause from the current controller you hear an "old timer" come on who knows what to do with someone without GPS
Old 04-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Limo Driver. Left

Originally Posted by Jetjok View Post
Or, You might be a freight dog if….
. You’re flying modern, widebody equipment on worldwide routes.
. Most of your flying is daylight stuff, but it doesn’t matter because you can’t see the ground while flying over India or China anyway.
. You start to wonder if these planes can still be landed at night.
. A Falcon 50 at FL 430 boasts that the ride is smooth at his altitude, and you reply “how’s the pay at FL 430… silence follows.
. You are marshaled into your spot in Bangkok, met by hoards of folks ready to unload your jet, while you get to follow this fantastic little beauty through customs, on the way to your limo, for your ride to the Grand Sukhumvit Hotel, just up the street from the Soy Cowboy.
. Center asks you how the ride is and you respond “hold on, I’ll ask the packages.”
. They run out of popcorn in Memphis and all 4800 of you go out on strike.
. You wear the same shirt for a week, and no one complains.
. Hanoi Control mispronounces your call sign, but you can’t hear it anyway because you’re watching “Return of the Jedi” on your portable DVD player.
. Your Global Operations Control Center tells you it’s perfectly ok to push an hour early, even though you know that there’s no room for you to park when you get to Chicago, and you do.
. You wake up in the sleep room and before you realize it you’ve gone down the hall to the john in your birthday suit.
. Almost nothing you own is in your flight bag. It’s all in your first or second wife’s house. The one that you bought for her (him.)
. Guys you’ve not heard from in 10 years are all of a sudden calling you asking for a referral.
. You’re always the first to land after the hurricane, snow storm, volcano eruption, start of the Gulf War, etc, etc, and you love it!
. You fly into Subic Bay and never request a visual, then cab ride over to Angeles City in the middle of the night for your 46 hour layover.
. You get home after a 12 day trip and go to sleep and wake up 2 days later, with a very big smile on your face.

I don't think the term "freight dog" was intended for you, my friend. But for the others, working like dogs while flying freight. Oh, and for $80 a day after taxes.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Earl81 View Post
On that same note you say "unable direct ....fix, /A.." and after a long pause from the current controller you hear an "old timer" come on who knows what to do with someone without GPS
LOL that is so true. I recently had our GPS go out and the poor F.O. was lost as I was tuning VORs so we could continue our flight to Miami LOL
Old 04-13-2012, 09:15 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Earl81 View Post
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
I don't think the term "freight dog" was intended for you, my friend. But for the others, working like dogs while flying freight. Oh, and for $80 a day after taxes.
$80 bucks a day! WOW when I flew freight a loooonnnggg time ago I was being paid $38 a day for flying a Cheetah. LOL
Old 04-13-2012, 10:31 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: goin somewhere....

Originally Posted by WarrenWallace View Post
$80 bucks a day! WOW when I flew freight a loooonnnggg time ago I was being paid $38 a day for flying a Cheetah. LOL
Wow a cheetah...thats rough