Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

air methods

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 07:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2010
Position: SA227, left seat

Any idea what the pay scale is for years 2-5?
Old 01-19-2015, 07:36 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Anyone know if they operate the Pilatus single pilot? Do they seem to consistently retain contracts with health care providers long term or is it a revolving door? In other words, do they drop pilot bases frequently causing relocation a lot? Do they have any qualms about hiring pilots leaving the airline industry or issues with high timers?
Old 01-19-2015, 05:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Yes, they fly the Pilatus single pilot. No, pilot bases (contracts) don't seem to change too frequently, but I will say that they are going to an all pilatus FW fleet. Some King Airs are still out there, but they are hastily changing them to pc12s.

As far as airline or high timers, not seen any bias for or against. Just be prepared for a company that grew way to fast and be ready to be managed by helicopter managers. The FW side of the house is small and has bright red hair. Your manager will be a helicopter pilot, your CP will be a helicopter pilot, the Director of Training, DO, Dir of Maintenance, are too.
You will actually take training on rotor wing courses.
Its a helicopter company through and through.
BUT, not an awful place to work. The checks are ontime.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:11 PM
New Hire

I can handle the red hair. Married one in fact..

It looks like I meet all the fixed wing req's except perhaps the total PIC. Im around 890 from CFI days. Would you know if there is any wiggle room on that? Otherwise, been a Regional SIC for a decade and have all the other time. Rotor training might be a nice change. Who knows, maybe I'll go that route now? At any rate, thanks for the info! Might you know of any good resources for studying for an interview if I'm lucky enough to get a call?
Old 01-20-2015, 04:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Not sure about the wiggle room, it was a long time ago that I was hired (by a company they bought). Do you live somewhere that they have a base or are you planning to move?
Old 01-20-2015, 04:51 AM
New Hire

They have a base where I live and they just posted a FW pc12 position about a week ago. I finish this trip tonight and I'm going to apply tomorrow when I get home.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Sent you a PM
Old 01-22-2015, 09:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Im like an hour from BNA. Only thing I didnt exceed was the 300 turboprop. Got the auto no response a few minutes later.... not sure whats up with that but I may run up there and try to put in some face time.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Worked there for about 3 years up to last year. Great job. Things vary a bit base to base (only remote bases have off duty crew housing, for example). Most bases are 7on/7off, but again, some remote bases seem to do 14/14 to make commuting more pleasant. To my knowledge they're down to two KAs, both because the hospital requires two engines. Starting pay is right at 60k, with fairly consistent opportunities to do workover. Big company, lots of layers of uh "administration", but if you can put up with the bureaucracy, it's a really good place to work. I left only because I wanted a chance to move home, and it was a hard decision to make.

Edit: Bases are pretty stable. Less so in the southwest, I think, but even there it's uncommon for a base to close. All aircraft are single pilot, they take duty regs very seriously, maintenance is excellent everywhere I flew, raises are ~$1k/year under the old contract, but I think they just signed a new one, probably want to ask someone current about that. The last time I checked, they were totally intransigent on the posted minimums (again, big company), but perhaps that has changed as they've had a harder time finding pilots? Not sure.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: CE-650

Is there a list of FW bases?