Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Vintage Props and Jets

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Up front
Default Vintage Props and Jets

Anyone know any info on Vintage Props and Jets in New Smryna,Fl, in regards to hiring F/O and mins? I heard they have some right seat program but not 100% sure the truth about that.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: CRJ left

Originally Posted by CTPILOT View Post
Anyone know any info on Vintage Props and Jets in New Smryna,Fl, in regards to hiring F/O and mins? I heard they have some right seat program but not 100% sure the truth about that.

There are no mins. They just have to like you. The best way to get an FO job is to work as a line guy refueling and in a few months, if they are hiring, you'll get an interview.

However, considering the pay is sh!t and their airplanes are even worse, I really can't understand why anyone would want to fly for them. Trust me, there are MUCH better jobs around. This is NOT a good place to work.

As far as the right seat program, I will not even comment that. If you are really into paying to work, you have no place in this forum. This is a place for commercial pilots who get paid to work....not the opposite.
I have NO respect for the A-holes who pay for a right seat program.

If you have any other questions on VPJ, feel free to PM me.

palgia
Old 12-18-2006, 09:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: Up front

just curious about VPJ and got what I needed... thanks
Old 12-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Originally Posted by palgia841 View Post
There are no mins. They just have to like you. The best way to get an FO job is to work as a line guy refueling and in a few months, if they are hiring, you'll get an interview.

However, considering the pay is sh!t and their airplanes are even worse, I really can't understand why anyone would want to fly for them. Trust me, there are MUCH better jobs around. This is NOT a good place to work.

As far as the right seat program, I will not even comment that. If you are really into paying to work, you have no place in this forum. This is a place for commercial pilots who get paid to work....not the opposite.
I have NO respect for the A-holes who pay for a right seat program.

If you have any other questions on VPJ, feel free to PM me.

palgia
Now, tell me how in the world on becomes an anus pore for buying time in an airplane. For us guys who just don't know anyone who can "hook us up", that is one way of getting that time that people look down their noses at you for not having when you try to get a job. So not because you may be more fortunate than others doesn't mean you should style them as a.......
Old 12-18-2006, 02:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Position: Retired

I didn't know anybody, I'm doing just fine without paying anybody to fly their plane short of renting one for my own pleasure once in a while.

If you really want to get to know some people, go work at an FBO. The pay isn't half bad and it's great for networking.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by ironbird View Post
Now, tell me how in the world on becomes an anus pore for buying time in an airplane. For us guys who just don't know anyone who can "hook us up", that is one way of getting that time that people look down their noses at you for not having when you try to get a job. So not because you may be more fortunate than others doesn't mean you should style them as a.......
Go check out the GIA thread in the Regionals forum.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.

Originally Posted by ironbird View Post
Got three words for you...

M E I...
Old 12-25-2006, 02:11 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2006

ironbird....most commercial pilots frown on "pay to play" training programs like gulfstream, atp, comair academy, jet u, etc. Basically, it's seen as a short cut to an airline job, and realisticly no one should be taking short cuts when it comes to part 121 passenger carrying operations. The idea of a 250-500hr total time FO flying for these small regionals after they've paid up to $100,000 to get there just doesn't sit well with most. It should look like this: earn your private from your local FBO, then your instrument, multi, commercial and CFI. You might be out $25k-$30 for all those ratings and you probably have 200 hours of tt. I know that certain lineholders frown upon certain fo's if they find out they trained at 90-day fast track program.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: B727

The problem with "pay to fly" is twofold: you're taking a job that should put pay in someone's pocket, thereby making it harder for those who want to make a living; and as mentioned lots of pilots frown on shortcutting since flying with a "90 day wonder" is generally seen as instructing and carrying the load for someone who probably doesn't have the experience to really do his job.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: A220 First Officer
Default Comical

I just got a phone call from one of my students. He was working on his instrument rating with me. He called me to tell me that he decided to go to one of the 90 day wonder programs. He says he wants to "hurry and get it done." He tells me he is doing his instrument, commercial, multi, and CFI through MEI in 90 days. 90 DAYS!! What a freakin joke. You can not tell me that any type of quality can come out of a rush job like that. I bet the retention rate is about 10 percent when you try to cram two years worth of work into 90 days. Even worse is that after they finish they will be teaching others to be crappy pilots. I would be real comfortable with the imformation I was teaching if it was all crammed down my throat in 90 days. Yeah right. If I owned a flight school I wouldn't even consider hiring one of these jackasses trying to take shortcuts where shortcuts shouldn't be taken. I know for a fact that my boss tosses apps right in the garbage if they are from any of those accelerated ratings places. He's hired them before and their students would complain because they suck as teachers, what a surprise.