Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Grant Aviation (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/82032-grant-aviation.html)

aviatorhi 06-09-2014 04:19 PM

Grant Aviation
 
I noticed they're looking for 208 & Navajo drivers, anybody got the latest scoop on what the story is with Grant Air?

I had heard they were having some problems with their bypass mail program and other (possibly concerning) issues. But I'm sure someone has more direct knowledge to share.

flyguy37 06-09-2014 04:59 PM

Heard some paychecks bounced

ASpilot2be 06-09-2014 06:36 PM

I have heard of paychecks bouncing as well. I know we had a couple people come over from Grant. Recently they introduced the GA-8 Airvan. Other than that I dont know what the latest is.

aviatorhi 06-16-2014 08:53 PM

Thanks, was offered an interview but had to pass due to timing and that they are not looking for Navajo pilots anymore (no interest in shlogging along in a 207 or 208 right now).

The bounced checks, though, are (or should be) a definite red flag for anyone considering going there.

ASpilot2be 06-16-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviatorhi (Post 1666097)
Thanks, was offered an interview but had to pass due to timing and that they are not looking for Navajo pilots anymore (no interest in shlogging along in a 207 or 208 right now).

The bounced checks, though, are (or should be) a definite red flag for anyone considering going there.

From what I hear, its probably for the better. Are you looking for a job in Alaska?

aviatorhi 06-16-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASpilot2be (Post 1666104)
From what I hear, its probably for the better. Are you looking for a job in Alaska?

I'm looking for a commuter job that let's me do something better than 2 weeks on 2 weeks off (I'm more into 2 months on 1 month off or something like that). I worked in Alaska before so I know if one looks hard enough it can be found. That being said, if I can pull that off where I'm at I'll stay put.

ASpilot2be 06-16-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviatorhi (Post 1666108)
I'm looking for a commuter job that let's me do something better than 2 weeks on 2 weeks off (I'm more into 2 months on 1 month off or something like that). I worked in Alaska before so I know if one looks hard enough it can be found. That being said, if I can pull that off where I'm at I'll stay put.

Gotcha. I dont know where to go for that. Everybody out here is 2/2. I am three weeks on/one off, and I think I am the last person out here on that schedule.

alaskadrifter 06-19-2014 08:22 PM

I'd be really interested in more current info about Grant. I'm graduating in December and they have a base at PADL where I live.

usmc-sgt 06-20-2014 12:43 AM

If you'd like you can pm me and ill give you my email. Email me your questions and I can get them to one of their relatively senior check airman. It'd be good non judgmental info, he was my stepfather for 12 years.

gnew2 06-30-2014 12:15 PM

Grant is still hiring, looking for C208 pilots. The next ground school is on the 8th of July. Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. There will probably be another ground school the first week of August if this one doesn't fill up.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:13 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands