Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Grant Aviation

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 11:10 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: Pirate

Originally Posted by alaskadrifter View Post
What kind of experience? Could a new hire hold D'ham right away?

I wouldn't expect someone to get in the navajo or caravan right away without previous bush experience in those aircraft or something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2015, 11:15 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Facebitten View Post
why does grant ask for 3000 hours total time but nobody else does.

Not sure where you saw that. 1,000 hours will get you in the door. http://www.flygrant.com/GRANT_AVIATI...in_command.pdf

Old 10-25-2015, 01:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by gnew2 View Post
I wouldn't expect someone to get in the navajo or caravan right away without previous bush experience in those aircraft or something similar.

How long to hold the 208 in Dillingham? A sled/Airvan? Do you mind posting the pay scale? I'm from Dillingham and am pretty tempted.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Line Holder

I couldn't hazard a guess on how long it would take to get a 208 spot in DLG. Right now there are two 208's and a sled based there. In general you would have a better chance if you live there and request it. Caravan upgrades usually take 6mo to a year depending on experience and aptitude. The Airvans are all in Bethel, and guys have been spending a few months in a 207 and then transitioning up as the Airvan pilots go to the caravan. Right now hiring is slowing down so I wouldn't expect much more caravan training or hiring this winter but still hiring 207 pilots. Email the CP and ask your questions!

Old 11-03-2015, 03:58 PM
Line Holder

Oh yeah, pay scale... A 207/GA8 pays a minimum of about 40-45k and a 208 would start over 70k, without turning a prop. Flight time and other bonuses are paid on top of that.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Left

I have nothing of substance to add, just a comment- I'm a former member of the yellow team. I was around when things were pretty bad up there, with the mid-air and all that.

I have quite a few friends that were Grant guys and spent a lot of time in Brothers Pizza at the red team's table. I intended to go to Grant but they weren't hiring when I showed up due to the financials at the time. But I always rooted for you guys. It's good to hear they got the Airvans going! Good luck up there, stay safe and don't do anything dumb!

Bethel is really lucky to have hot native chicks behind every tree!
Old 11-04-2015, 09:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by gnew2 View Post
I couldn't hazard a guess on how long it would take to get a 208 spot in DLG. Right now there are two 208's and a sled based there. In general you would have a better chance if you live there and request it. Caravan upgrades usually take 6mo to a year depending on experience and aptitude. The Airvans are all in Bethel, and guys have been spending a few months in a 207 and then transitioning up as the Airvan pilots go to the caravan. Right now hiring is slowing down so I wouldn't expect much more caravan training or hiring this winter but still hiring 207 pilots. Email the CP and ask your questions!

Appreciate it. I emailed UR with my resume. I've got a house, snogos, and commercial fishing boat in Dilly so I'm particularly interested in that base.