Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Any Jet linx pilots 4 a question

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 05:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: B757 Ca, Retired.

Originally Posted by Mox Nix View Post
Generally they like to hire people with time in type due to their ARGUS requirements...

...Good people to work with, and a good relationship with Ops/Flight Coordination. They'll listen to your inputs as PIC, and won't push you on fuel/wx, etc... as long as you have a reasonable explanation for your decision. Very safety oriented...
I served on a board with the DO, he understands that one accident or major incident and it's game over; good decisions and safety is always first. Of all the Mid-west managed operators, these guys are running the top flight operation as best I can tell.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:45 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by Frankie Avalon View Post
I'd like to know ballpark pay rates also. I've heard mixed things about them over the years. Was not aware pilots are only getting 5 days off a month. Hopefully the pay is in line with that fact.
Pay is negotiable; they use the Pro Pilot Survey average as a starting point.
http://online.propilotmag.com/June2016#&pageSet=45&page=1&contentItem=undefined
Old 02-23-2017, 10:04 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: KA200

What is the callout time requirements once you get called? In other words how close to you have to be to the airport.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by AFORF View Post
What is the callout time requirements once you get called? In other words how close to you have to be to the airport.
Buddy of mine said two hours, but don't speed or get in an accident. It's more like...two hours-ish. Just get here, but don't be dumb about it.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Falcon 900B

Originally Posted by JTwift View Post
Buddy of mine said two hours, but don't speed or get in an accident. It's more like...two hours-ish. Just get here, but don't be dumb about it.
Yep. Be smart, don't rush through the preflight, be sure your flight planning is thorough, everything else you would do on a normal flight. Airborne in two hours is a goal, not a requirement.

Also... as far as pop-ups go... I've had maybe 5 or 6 in the year I've been with Jet Linx, and I'm on one of the heavy charter airplanes. Most trips are on the schedule ahead of time, so you see what's coming.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Forgive my ignorance,only 121 experience. I'm moving to a base and I heard from a source you are hiring a lot here soon. Would love answers if you got them!

With the schedules, are you on call everyday, all day? Besides the 5 hard days you mentioned. Are there times when you can enjoy an adult beverage without the worry of being called to meet the minimum/company minimum bottle to throttle?

On average how many nights are you away from base? On long can trip last? Does the scheuling allow you you to go do thing out like camp, date nights, family?

Is there per diem?
Rough salary for an FO, assuming the smaller jet

Is there a dispatch or does filling, planning, and W&B come from the pilots

Plans for growth?
How does upgrading work or is everyone PIC of the quals are there.

Thank you
Old 03-29-2017, 07:32 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2017

We are hiring a lot soon feel free to message me to find out more details.... We are moving to 8 days off a month and most trips are scheduled in advance but there are occasional call outs or pop ups... you are on standby when not on hard days off or flying and that starts at 8am ends at 6pm anytime after that feel free to do whatever you want, like I said before trips are usually scheduled in advance...

I would say you will prob do about 8 overnights a month on a light jet and have about 12 days off on average at home every month. Yes schedule is not bad right now with 5 days and u will only get more flexibility because we are moving to 8 days.

No per diet you will get a company card u are supposed to stay around $50 a day for meals and $150 a night for hotels and we get rental cars.
Salary FO light jet 75k starting all get pic typed

Do have a pretty big support staff flight coordination, scheduling and an ops outlook line... all flight planning done by pilots and weight and balance also...

So u will be typed and then u are eligible for upgrade after 250 pic time in type as long as u meet other time requirements Argus/wyvern mins for pic

If u need a refferal or have more questions just send me a message!
Old 04-02-2017, 01:32 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Thx Otter
Are the JL data you shared company-wide or specific to the station?
Old 04-02-2017, 07:47 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by 6Windows View Post
Pay is negotiable; they use the Pro Pilot Survey average as a starting point.
Professional Pilot, June 2016
That ProPilot survey is way off, it's waaaaay low.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:52 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Default Any Jet linx pilots 4 a question

Originally Posted by CLDriver View Post
That ProPilot survey is way off, it's waaaaay low.

Which type and by how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by 6Windows; 04-02-2017 at 08:22 PM.