Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

LabCorp

Old 11-30-2016, 05:50 PM
Works harder not smarter

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: A320 CA

I flew for Quest. More diverse flight operation than Labcorp. Phenom 100's are the senior pilot planes. PC12, TBM7's and Barons. Part 91 flying so expect to go when the wx is bad. Quest has added financial incentives for recruiting pilots. Last I heard they started at $60k plus profit sharing, stock and annual pay raises. Round robins = you're home most nights. Yet plan to fly many legs and to be sleeping when everyone else is awake. When I was there 8 to 11+ legs a night... Excellent maintenance. It should be a safer operation these days. You must live near Reading, PA or Laurenceville, GA or Kansas City (?). Four on, 3 off with holidays and most weekends off. Good luck with your job search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2016, 09:01 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: CJ2+ Captain, Part 91

Labcorp is all part 91, single pilot Vintage PC12s. No NG models at this point. Starting pay is around 55K-60K and is pretty stagnant. Work nights and or days, and may switch between the two depending on the week. They fly tue-Fri, and some Sat night flights. Decent benefits with Labcorp. I don't work there, but have good info on them.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:22 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Labcorp is based out of Burlington, NC. (KBUY) and goes by the "SkyLab" call sign.

Quest goes by the call sign LabQuest.

Labcorp flies medical samples like blood.
PC12 (pre NG models) single pilot IFR
Flights are late afternoon to mid morning (mostly Mon-Fri with limited weekend flights)
2-4 legs per night out and back. Home every night.

Hope it helps.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by Captain Yoda View Post
Labcorp is based out of Burlington, NC. (KBUY) and goes by the "SkyLab" call sign.

Quest goes by the call sign LabQuest.

Labcorp flies medical samples like blood.
PC12 (pre NG models) single pilot IFR
Flights are late afternoon to mid morning (mostly Mon-Fri with limited weekend flights)
2-4 legs per night out and back. Home every night.

Hope it helps.
O.K. thanks alot for the information, but I checked their website, any idea on how to apply?
Old 12-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Labcorp also sources out some of the routes to Central Air in the Aero Commander 500S. I can assure you that Central Air doesn't pay anywhere close to Labcorp. From talking with pilots from both Labcorp and Quest, Quest is the better company for equipment and pay.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by LivnthedrM View Post
Labcorp also sources out some of the routes to Central Air in the Aero Commander 500S. I can assure you that Central Air doesn't pay anywhere close to Labcorp. From talking with pilots from both Labcorp and Quest, Quest is the better company for equipment and pay.
Again, thanks for the info, applied to Quest a few weeks ago, never heard a thing.