Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air - Updated Info

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 08:09 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Default HR Call

Any advice for getting the call? I scheduled the call and it never came no one called. I guess I should keep reregistering? I am just going to keep sending them my resume as I update it.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by collegedropout9 View Post
Any advice for getting the call? I scheduled the call and it never came no one called. I guess I should keep reregistering? I am just going to keep sending them my resume as I update it.
some people got the first call and never got the second one, some people got both and some people like you are still waiting for that ghost call. it's hard to tell man, work overload of that department must be insane, just keep trying!
Old 03-14-2017, 11:59 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2009

What specifically makes commuting for Boutique challenging? The poster mentioned that it might work for a Denver based pilot, but what about the other bases?

I'm curious about Dallas, as I live in Houston and there are about 50 commercial flights a day in each direction between these cities. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:32 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by collegedropout9 View Post
Yeah, just send the resume again. Seems like HR has only one person running the show.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by FraxAvi8tor View Post
What specifically makes commuting for Boutique challenging? The poster mentioned that it might work for a Denver based pilot, but what about the other bases?

I'm curious about Dallas, as I live in Houston and there are about 50 commercial flights a day in each direction between these cities. Thanks.
there are several people commuting to dallas currently. commuting from houston is probably do-able. trips leave at 1pm and are generally back by the same time the next day. if you're on reserve that may be tricky because it starts at 815am.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:01 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Got the email to schedule an HR interview. Any tips?
Old 03-16-2017, 08:12 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2009

Originally Posted by Jecain7 View Post
there are several people commuting to dallas currently. commuting from houston is probably do-able. trips leave at 1pm and are generally back by the same time the next day. if you're on reserve that may be tricky because it starts at 815am.
Thanks for the info. It looks like there are currently 6 morning flights a day that arrive into Dallas before 8 AM. I wonder how often the 8:15 AM reserve happens?
Old 03-16-2017, 04:13 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Any info on the technical interview? Doesn't necessarily need to be a gouge, but the right direction on what to brush up on would be great!
Old 03-16-2017, 08:33 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post
some people got the first call and never got the second one, some people got both and some people like you are still waiting for that ghost call. it's hard to tell man, work overload of that department must be insane, just keep trying!
Another case of 'pilot shortage'.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:24 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by FraxAvi8tor View Post

The difficulty isn't really in getting from where you live to where you work. The difficulty is your schedule.

First, there aren't pre-determined lines of trips - your days off, days worked in a row, where you're flying, and where you have overnights mixed in there will vary each month. It's not like you're always on four days, off three days where accommodations are covered the whole time.

Second, you might be scheduled five or six days in a row flying the same day shift - for example, on at 8am, off at 7pm - so you're either making it a long day by commuting before and after that, or you've got somewhere to crash where you work for five nights. In that case, seems like you might as well live in base.