Notices
Regional Regional Airlines

American Eagle F/O's

Old 12-17-2007, 04:38 PM
  #21  
Gets Weekends Off
 
cessna157's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: Aeroplanes
Posts: 1,163
Default

Originally Posted by atpwannabe View Post
Anyone have an idea of how long it is taking the new hires on the ATR or Saab to upgrade?
I think they measure upgrades out there in generations
cessna157 is offline  
Old 12-17-2007, 05:02 PM
  #22  
Gets Weekends Off
 
atpwannabe's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: CSR
Posts: 2,247
Default

Originally Posted by cessna157 View Post
I think they measure upgrades out there in generations

What's that? LAX? I don't see it.

Shoot man, I'm here in sunny SE Florida. I read earlier where AE is allowing NH's to pick a base; MIA would obviously be my first choice.


atp
atpwannabe is offline  
Old 12-17-2007, 07:41 PM
  #23  
Gets Weekends Off
 
matlok's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: ERJ-175
Posts: 217
Default

Originally Posted by atpwannabe View Post
What's that? LAX? I don't see it.

Shoot man, I'm here in sunny SE Florida. I read earlier where AE is allowing NH's to pick a base; MIA would obviously be my first choice.


atp
MIA = ATR only. (nothing wrong with the ATR, just lettin' ya know)
matlok is offline  
Old 12-17-2007, 09:28 PM
  #24  
Gets Weekends Off
 
BoilerWings's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: wing-walker
Posts: 249
Default

"Whatever happens, you can bet it's not going to be good for any of the employees."

For the record, I didn't say this. Thanks RJ for fixing your typo, you really are a nice guy.
BoilerWings is offline  
Old 12-18-2007, 03:32 PM
  #25  
Gets Weekends Off
 
atpwannabe's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: CSR
Posts: 2,247
Default

Originally Posted by matlok View Post
MIA = ATR only. (nothing wrong with the ATR, just lettin' ya know)

matlock:

If things work out that way; that's fine by me. Btw, would you happen to know what is the upgrade time in the ATR out of MIA? Is it as long as any other domicile?

Since I'm on a roll...do any of you believe that with the passage of the age 65 legislation, that 121 pax FO pay will increase? My reason for asking is that a conclusion could be drawn that signals movement among FO's jockeying for position in terms of upgrade, pay, QOL, etc. since they will be sitting in the right seat for a bit longer.

Disclaimer: This question is not intended to start another debate about the age 65 issue or which airline FO's pay is the worst. I'm just trying to spur some discussion. Thx.


atp
atpwannabe is offline  
Old 12-18-2007, 04:06 PM
  #26  
Gets Weekends Off
 
cessna157's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: Aeroplanes
Posts: 1,163
Default

Originally Posted by atpwannabe View Post
matlock:
do any of you believe that with the passage of the age 65 legislation, that 121 pax FO pay will increase?
No
Nuff said
cessna157 is offline  
Old 12-18-2007, 04:34 PM
  #27  
Moderator
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767
Posts: 13,088
Default

Originally Posted by atpwannabe View Post
Anyone have an idea of how long it is taking the new hires on the ATR or Saab to upgrade? Then, afterwards, how long does it take for a new CA on the ATR or Saab to get the 1000 hrs PIC?


atp
I honestly think ATR CA in MIA is around 15 years seniority, and LAX Saab is around 6-7 years seniority. I don't know on a Turbo-Prop, but on the jet it takes about 13-17 months for 1000 hrs of PIC Turbine.
johnso29 is offline  
Old 12-19-2007, 11:30 AM
  #28  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Apollo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Posts: 152
Default

Originally Posted by johnso29 View Post
I honestly think ATR CA in MIA is around 15 years seniority, and LAX Saab is around 6-7 years seniority. I don't know on a Turbo-Prop, but on the jet it takes about 13-17 months for 1000 hrs of PIC Turbine.
Would someone please second this for me! I can't believe that figure.

Sincerely,
Apollo
Apollo is offline  
Old 12-19-2007, 01:27 PM
  #29  
DisplAAced
 
coldpilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: EMB-145 FO
Posts: 638
Default

What are the trips like out of DFW for the Saab and ERJ? How long is reserve running on each of them?
coldpilot is offline  
Old 12-19-2007, 02:24 PM
  #30  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ERJ135's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: CR7 Capt
Posts: 1,621
Default Ask, and you shall recieve

Originally Posted by coldpilot View Post
What are the trips like out of DFW for the Saab and ERJ? How long is reserve running on each of them?
https://department.jetnet.aa.com/AEP...nes/dfwjet.pdf

https://department.jetnet.aa.com/AEP...es/dfwsaab.pdf


Not sure about rsv, maybe a year?
ERJ135 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Lbell911
Regional
34
03-13-2016 04:38 AM
Lbell911
Regional
18
11-26-2007 11:56 AM
Noleone
Regional
7
09-21-2007 07:24 AM
CRJammin
Regional
19
09-02-2007 07:11 AM
FDX aviator
Cargo
2
08-09-2007 11:00 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread