Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Regional (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/regional/)
-   -   Jumpseating on Skywest (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/regional/27360-jumpseating-skywest.html)

TwinTurboPilot 01-10-2009 08:41 AM


Originally Posted by Flyer2000 (Post 534220)
Pictures are a CASS requirement sent down from TSA (passport requirements have been deleted by TSA). If an airline is a CASS carrier....they have pictures available. Some stations computers cannot accommodate pictures (Delta in OAK for example), so that may be what you are seeing, but XJT, and every other CASS carrier has a picture in their respective CASS data base.

Yea I know about that problem ive dealt with it at CAL and lucky me it was an issue in my hometown. Has to do with the computers being to old and not being able to generate a picture.

mohaupt 01-10-2009 08:48 AM


Originally Posted by Flyer2000 (Post 402521)
ABX Air (GB)
Airnet Systems (USC)
AirTran (FL)
Air Cargo Carriers (2Q)
Air Midwest (ZV)
Air Transport International (8C)
Air Wisconsin (ZW)
Alaska Air (AS)
Allegiant Air (G4)
Aloha (AQ)
America West (HP)
American (AA)
American Eagle (AA)
Ameristar (AJI)
Arctic Transportation Services (7S)
Arrow Cargo (JW)
ASTAR Air Cargo (ER)
Atlantic Southeast (EV)
Atlas Air (5Y)
Aviation Services Ltd dba Freedom Air (FP)
Bering Air (8E)
Cape Air (9K)
Capital Cargo International (PT)
Champion Air (MG)
Chautauqua Airlines (RP)
Colgan Air (9L)
Comair (OH)
Commutair (C5)
Compass Airlines (CP)
Continental Airlines (CO)
Delta (DL)
Empire (EM)
Eos Airlines (E0)
Evergreen Airlines (EZ)
Everts Air (3Z)
Executive (AA) is American Eagle's SJU Operation
Expressjet / Continental Express (XE)
FedEx (FX)
Florida West International Airways(RF)
Freedom Airlines (F8)
Frontier (F9)
Gemini Air Cargo (GR)
GoJet Airlines (G7)
Great Lakes Aviation (ZK)
Hageland Aviation (H6)
Hawaiian Airlines (HA)
Horizon Air (QX)
IFL Group (IF)
Island Air (WP)
JetBlue (B6)
Kalitta Air (K4)
Kalitta Charters II (CB)
Kalitta Charters LLC (KFS)
Key Lime Air (KG)
Lynden Air Cargo (L2)
Lynx Aviation (L4)
Mesa Airlines (YV)
Mesaba (XJ)
Midwest Airlines (YX)
Murray Air (5M)
North American Airlines (NA)
Northern Air Cargo (NC)
Northwest (NW)
Omni Air International (OY)
Pace Airlines (Y5)
PenAir (KS)
Piedmont Airlines (US)
Pinnacle (9E)
Polar Air Cargo (PO)
Primaris (FE)
PSA Airlines (US)
Republic Airlines (RP)
Ryan International (RD)
Shuttle America (RP)
Skyway Enterprises (KI)
SkyWest(OO)
Southwest (WN)
Spirit Air (NK)
Sun Country Airlines (SY)
Swift Air (Q7)
Tradewinds Airlines (WI)
Trans North Aviation (7T)
Trans States Airlines (AX)
United (UA)
USA 3000 (U5)
USA Jet Airlines (JUS)
UPS Airlines (5X)
US Airways (US)
Virgin America (VX)
World Airways (WO)
Xtra Airways (XP)


YES!! All the two letter codes for airlines! Now I will be able to decode all of those posting that were titled with just the airline code. A mod should totally sticky this portion of the post!

jk

I agree with the "if the cpt is a commuter then he/she will try to accommodate" The only time I have not been able to make the j/s is when the weather is down so bad and so wide spread that they have an alternate that is pretty far. *shrugs* no big deal, that's what commuter clause is for!


~m

Luv2Rotate 01-10-2009 08:57 AM

Here's what I dont get. Why do some airlines accept a CASS member as having a reciprocal jumpseat agreement while others require you to be in CASS and have a recip agreement??????

Flyer2000 01-11-2009 08:41 AM

Every airline operates their respective jumpseats the way their jumpseat committee, and or management wants. Example: American Airlines has both unlimited jumpseat agreements with carriers reciprocating unlimited, and limited with those that don't. Same with international agreements at AA. AA's management will not allow international agreements with carriers that don't fly internationally (exception SWA) regardless of CASS.

Others airlines ONLY accept CASS carriers to their list (i.e. FedEx). Here at SkyWest, we accept CASS and non CASS, but you HAVE to be on our reciprocal jumpseat list. It is just how different airlines operate their jumpseats.

Desert Sky 11-22-2009 11:23 PM

Sorry to bring back the dead but I have a question. Vision Airlines (V2) is a CASS participant and we do have a reciprocal agreement with SkyWest. Vision does not have agreements with Delta or United at this time. Could I still jumpseat on all SkyWest flights?

TBucket 11-23-2009 12:14 AM


Originally Posted by RPJ80 (Post 715694)
Sorry to bring back the dead but I have a question. Vision Airlines (V2) is a CASS participant and we do have a reciprocal agreement with SkyWest. Vision does not have agreements with Delta or United at this time. Could I still jumpseat on all SkyWest flights?

I would guess yes... Otherwise, that agreement with skywest would be pretty useless...


So, vision, eh? What's the deal with those unmarked 767's they always have parked out in IAD?

peterpilot55 11-23-2009 04:40 AM

Who's reciprocal
 

Originally Posted by Flyer2000 (Post 535624)
Every airline operates their respective jumpseats the way their jumpseat committee, and or management wants. Example: American Airlines has both unlimited jumpseat agreements with carriers reciprocating unlimited, and limited with those that don't. Same with international agreements at AA. AA's management will not allow international agreements with carriers that don't fly internationally (exception SWA) regardless of CASS.

Others airlines ONLY accept CASS carriers to their list (i.e. FedEx). Here at SkyWest, we accept CASS and non CASS, but you HAVE to be on our reciprocal jumpseat list. It is just how different airlines operate their jumpseats.

So who would I contact at a particular airline to find out if mine has a reciprocal agreement with them? Or should my airline know everyone that has reciprocal with us?

rickair7777 11-23-2009 06:31 AM


Originally Posted by peterpilot55 (Post 715721)
So who would I contact at a particular airline to find out if mine has a reciprocal agreement with them? Or should my airline know everyone that has reciprocal with us?


You airline should have a list and provide it to you. It's usually in the FOM/GOM.

The nonrev phone for an airline would probably not have the list, but any pilot should.

Almost all domestic 121 operations are reciprocal, unless you just started up last week.

Flyboyrw 11-23-2009 07:38 AM

Just to also throw something in...
I was in SFO trying to go to RDD on skywest, and they could only take 27 people, and the gate agent said they had 18 bags. I was denied, due to weight. Is this normal? I know the emb120 is always restricted, but at sea level with cooler temps and long runways?

ophir 11-23-2009 08:22 AM


Originally Posted by Flyboyrw (Post 715784)
Just to also throw something in...
I was in SFO trying to go to RDD on skywest, and they could only take 27 people, and the gate agent said they had 18 bags. I was denied, due to weight. Is this normal? I know the emb120 is always restricted, but at sea level with cooler temps and long runways?

You should ask to speak with the crew in this situation. The agent is just getting a number from Ops with the limits and has no idea what it means. There are instances when the a/c is an aft galley config that adding a jumpseater, in the actual, allows you to take more payload due to the balancing effect on CG.


SKYW seems to have adopted this policy, along with many other airlines, that getting out on time trumps taking ALL the people that want to go to their destination. Getting out on time should be a goal, not an absolute. If we can take one more person, it is worth the delay. That is what we are in business for.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:01 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands