Mesa Hiring

Subscribe
50  90  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  110 
Page 100 of 119
Go to
Quote: Is this fact? I hope not!
Foley sent out the email this afternoon. Unfortunately this is real.
Both. I'm sure is is a company ruse to avoid having to pay for displaced 700 crews to train on the e175. If they close the base on 9/20 and open ord to the e175 on 9/21, then reopen It to crj 700s, they just saved a bunch of training events.

^^^ This.
I told you guys this a month ago.
Quote: I told you guys this a month ago.
.....lol....
Quote: Both. I'm sure is is a company ruse to avoid having to pay for displaced 700 crews to train on the e175. If they close the base on 9/20 and open ord to the e175 on 9/21, then reopen It to crj 700s, they just saved a bunch of training events.
True, but if Mesa does move the 700's back to ORD they cannot displace anyone after or that pilot would have the option to bid the EMB to stay in base. Maybe they will just keep everything flowing through ORD out of IAD as not to incur training costs.
Quote: So all 700s are going to be based in IAD

Guess the new YV and OO 175s will be taking over some of that lift out of ORD? Or the 700s will continue to start in IAD and flow in and out of ORD for the rest of the trip ending the last leg in IAD?
Assuming that YV was going to fly 175's out of ORD for UA... United wants to reduce the number of regional partners in each hub to streamline operations and maximize efficiency. You are going to see a lot of shifting going on in the next several months.
Quote: Quote:

Originally Posted by prior121

So all 700s are going to be based in IAD

Guess the new YV and OO 175s will be taking over some of that lift out of ORD? Or the 700s will continue to start in IAD and flow in and out of ORD for the rest of the trip ending the last leg in IAD?

Assuming that YV was going to fly 175's out of ORD for UA... United wants to reduce the number of regional partners in each hub to streamline operations and maximize efficiency. You are going to see a lot of shifting going on in the next several months.
By streamlining operations they can start by not subcontracting the ground handling services out.

Air Wisconsin does a horrible job in IAD. I'm tired of waiting 10-20 minutes for marshalers.

I guess with the west coast operation expanding most of the guys that were commuting to ORD have gotten back to PHX, or will have by September.
Quote: By streamlining operations they can start by not subcontracting the ground handling services out.

Air Wisconsin does a horrible job in IAD. I'm tired of waiting 10-20 minutes for marshalers.

I guess with the west coast operation expanding most of the guys that were commuting to ORD have gotten back to PHX, or will have by September.
Well ORD is all mainline... IAD is the worst, AWAC is absolutely pathetic.
Quote: By streamlining operations they can start by not subcontracting the ground handling services out.

Air Wisconsin is losing the IAD operation and everything in Dulles is going mainline, so this won't be a problem in the very neary future.

If anyone has been near the Mesa crewroom around the D gates recently, there is a big poster saying "United Customer Service Training" pointing to a new-ish training center right next to the Mesa crewroom--it's there for a reason--IAD gate/ops is going all mainline by Fall.
Quote: Both. I'm sure is is a company ruse to avoid having to pay for displaced 700 crews to train on the e175. If they close the base on 9/20 and open ord to the e175 on 9/21, then reopen It to crj 700s, they just saved a bunch of training events.
Similar to what happened in '05/'06 in CLT. Move the E145s out - next month, move the 900s in. Same sh!t, same mesa.
50  90  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  110 
Page 100 of 119
Go to