C5 expanding?

Subscribe
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  26 
Page 16 of 64
Go to
Quote: FTDs are much nicer than GFS’s. I’d probably rather work on a paper tiger than a GFS.
I can't think of a reason I'd rather have a paper tiger over a GFS. The GFS shows the status of various systems and can see what is going on. If there's any question on what system X does or what the failure modes are, you can see it on the GFS.

I think a FTD would be much nicer than a GFS, but only because moving switches builds more muscle memory than pushing a touchscreen and it feels more 'real'.
Quote: I can't think of a reason I'd rather have a paper tiger over a GFS. The GFS shows the status of various systems and can see what is going on. If there's any question on what system X does or what the failure modes are, you can see it on the GFS.

I think a FTD would be much nicer than a GFS, but only because moving switches builds more muscle memory than pushing a touchscreen and it feels more 'real'.
I was about to say this. With a paper tiger, you get no feedback on either switch position or switch lights.
Quote: I can't think of a reason I'd rather have a paper tiger over a GFS. The GFS shows the status of various systems and can see what is going on. If there's any question on what system X does or what the failure modes are, you can see it on the GFS.

I think it comes down to how they are used. When I went through the training program in it's infancy, the company tried to use the GFS as a pre simulator simulator. It wasn't helpful in the least. If it's used properly for working on flows and switchology it can be a great tool.
Commutair officially resuming pilot hiring?
Quote: I think it comes down to how they are used. When I went through the training program in it's infancy, the company tried to use the GFS as a pre simulator simulator. It wasn't helpful in the least. If it's used properly for working on flows and switchology it can be a great tool.
There is a lot of merit to the GFS and being able to see how the system responds to inputs. However, I like the paper because IMO it forces you to use your imagination. You have to visualize what’s happening. I think that plants the knowledge deeper. I feel like GFS is superficial, but with paper you have to work harder and therefore it sticks better. Just my opinion from having done both GFS (145) and paper (DHC8)
Quote: There is a lot of merit to the GFS and being able to see how the system responds to inputs. However, I like the paper because IMO it forces you to use your imagination. You have to visualize what’s happening. I think that plants the knowledge deeper. I feel like GFS is superficial, but with paper you have to work harder and therefore it sticks better. Just my opinion from having done both GFS (145) and paper (DHC8)
Agreed. I prefer the paper tiger as well, especially when practicing with partners. If there’s a disagreement or misunderstanding, then it forced us to look it up.

The GFS has its merit in many things as well. I just prefer the PT
Quote: Commutair officially resuming pilot hiring?
I don't know, but I wouldn't count on it. I have been told that those in the March 23rd class are slated for sometime this fall or early winter, COVID impacts/passenger demand notwithstanding. I don't really know any more than that, but feel free to PM me if you want the backstory.
Quote: I don't know, but I wouldn't count on it. I have been told that those in the March 23rd class are slated for sometime this fall or early winter, COVID impacts/passenger demand notwithstanding. I don't really know any more than that, but feel free to PM me if you want the backstory.
Was asking based off this and it’s on the their website too

https://www.aerocrewnews.com/aviatio...-pilot-hiring/
Quote: Was asking based off this and it’s on the their website too

https://www.aerocrewnews.com/aviatio...-pilot-hiring/
Morons used the ExpressJet logo for their article. FFS.

It does appear applications are being accepted. I’ll believe it when I see an actual new hire class on property. The training pipeline still has a huge backlog. Personally I think that is because they have slow rolled it on purpose to not waste resources on pilots they expected to furlough. Now they are behind and if they started a new hire class today (which they cannot) it would be Christmas before they could get that class through OE.

In their defense the training program continues to improve which is a good sign for the future.
Quote: Morons used the ExpressJet logo for their article. FFS.

It does appear applications are being accepted. I’ll believe it when I see an actual new hire class on property. The training pipeline still has a huge backlog. Personally I think that is because they have slow rolled it on purpose to not waste resources on pilots they expected to furlough. Now they are behind and if they started a new hire class today (which they cannot) it would be Christmas before they could get that class through OE.

In their defense the training program continues to improve which is a good sign for the future.
no you’re just seeing an old Expressjet ad
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  26 
Page 16 of 64
Go to