UPS 2022 Hiring

Subscribe
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  26  66 
Page 16 of 83
Go to
Quote: Anyone have an idea of when the upcoming UPS class dates are?
January 4th and 5th then January 31st and February 1st. Those are the only classes I’m aware of.
Quote: January 4th and 5th then January 31st and February 1st. Those are the only classes I’m aware of.
Feb 28th and April 4th as well.
Quote: Feb 28th and April 4th as well.
We are not going to be able to remotely keep up with the manpower shortage at this rate.
Quote: We are not going to be able to remotely keep up with the manpower shortage at this rate.

With a year break from receiving any more aircraft…we should be able to outpace retirements by at least 200.
Quote: With a year break from receiving any more aircraft…we should be able to outpace retirements by at least 200.
I guess you think we are not going to retire say about 150 total (early and mandatory) this year. Plus we have 2 more Ochos coming, that’s another 20-30 pilots. At best, we may have net gain of 120-130. That will be just to get us up to par, maybe. And if a company is smart they will hire ahead of time for incoming aircraft, which won’t happen.
Quote: I guess you think we are not going to retire say about 150 total (early and mandatory) this year. Plus we have 2 more Ochos coming, that’s another 20-30 pilots. At best, we may have net gain of 120-130. That will be just to get us up to par, maybe. And if a company is smart they will hire ahead of time for incoming aircraft, which won’t happen.

The year I am referring to is Mar 2021 to Mar 2022 …after the ochos…when we have no deliveries scheduled…we hired 321 this year so expect we can easily do 350…..minus your 150 retirements….would mean gain of 200 pilots by my math.

By then we should have the new training center built... 767 also seems easier to train than the 747. Having extra pilots on a crew just to do OE eats up bodies.

As long as they keep plugging away we should be much better off this time around…I also predict less retirements as we get closer to contract time….peeps will wait around to see what additional benefits they can sneak out the door with.
Won’t be able to train 350 with current infrastructure.
Quote: Won’t be able to train 350 with current infrastructure.
Sure they can…if they really want to…and if they don’t need the majority of new hires going to the same fleet. Log-jammed on the 747
Quote: Sure they can…if they really want to…and if they don’t need the majority of new hires going to the same fleet. Log-jammed on the 747
Are there enough sim times? Or is 24/7 insufficient?
Quote: Are there enough sim times? Or is 24/7 insufficient?
I am under the impression that the LIMFAC is instructors. When ever I look at the sim schedule there seems to be open sim time. This is just 767 based observation. Not sure how other fleets look. But plus up 10% seems doable.
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  26  66 
Page 16 of 83
Go to