Legalized Marijuana and the FAA

Subscribe
9  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23 
Page 19 of 29
Go to
Quote: Nope, don't smoke weed. Not even an advocate, (other than the fact that I'm libertarian enough to believe that the government has no business passing laws against people chosing to smoke a naturally occurring plant.) However, I'm not impressed with the kind of dishonesty you're trying to bring to the conversation and don't mind calling you on it. You know that it was accurate, because you can't respond to what I actually said, so you resort to insults. Cool, that's pretty much to be expected.
Trying to be all noble and grandiose about smoking a “naturally occurring plant” (weed) or even drinking alcohol for that matter seems the height of hypocrisy to me. But that is what I expected, so no surprise there. .
Quote: Trying to be all noble and grandiose about smoking a “naturally occurring plant” (weed) or even drinking alcohol for that matter seems the height of hypocrisy to me. But that is what I expected, so no surprise there. .
I'm just explaining my position on cannabis, as it appeared that you might be jumping to erroneous conclusions. So where's the hypocrisy in what I've said? There's nothing contradictory about what I've posted here. Do you even know what the word hypocrisy means?
Quote: I'm just explaining my position on cannabis, as it appeared that you might be jumping to erroneous conclusions. So where's the hypocrisy in what I've said? There's nothing contradictory about what I've said here. Do you even know what the word hypocrisy means?
You like to use terms other than weed or pot I see. Interesting. I also see that you like to try to talk down to folks. And you do not see your own hypocrisy there? I am not that insecure to start the old do you even know what that means routine. So obvious as just a veiled way to insult folks that makes you no different than me then. See the hypocrisy?
Think you both might need a J and relax’

“At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument is needed.”

-Frederick Douglass
Quote: Think you both might need a J and relax’

“At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument is needed.”

-Frederick Douglass
True! Sometimes you just waste time yakking about irrelevant stuff.
Quote: You like to use terms other than weed or pot I see. Interesting. I also see that you like to try to talk down to folks. And you do not see your own hypocrisy there? I am not that insecure to start the old do you even know what that means routine. So obvious as just a veiled way to insult folks that makes you no different than me then. See the hypocrisy?
you really don’t know what hypocrisy is. It’s fascinating
A pothead MD buries their mistake and victim. And as you say....nobody knows.

An alkie or pothead airline pilot isnt gona have that luxury.

Im wondering how many MD malpractice policies have drug and alcohol use exclusions
Just sayin
"If we can ... get them to understand that saying 'no' to drugs is rebelling against their parents and the generations of the past, we'd make it an enormous success."
John Van de Kamp
Quote: A pothead MD buries their mistake and victim. And as you say....nobody knows.

An alkie or pothead airline pilot isnt gona have that luxury.

Im wondering how many MD malpractice policies have drug and alcohol use exclusions
There are only a very small number of pot smokers who could be considered heads, meaning burnouts. There is also a small number of people who drink who could be considered alcoholics. There is no difference in a doctor or a pilot burning one or having a few drinks on the weekend. One toke, or one sip before work is another story. People act like someone who smokes on a day off are drug addicts unable to accomplish any serious task, yet drinking responsibly is just part of being an adult.
2 points:

1. Just because socially-accepted alcohol is bad for your health doesn’t mean marijuana is somehow good for your health. Both alcohol and marijuana are bad for your health.

2. Studies in recent years have shown correlation between chronic marijuana use and increased prevalence of anxiety, paranoia, and schizophrenia. Correlation does not necessarily equal causation, but we do society a disservice if we ignore and hide this correlation. The risk of brain damage should be a reason why many people (pilots, surgeons, truck drivers, police, etc) should avoid marijuana.
9  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23 
Page 19 of 29
Go to