10 months to 190 Capt

Subscribe
9  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23 
Page 19 of 25
Go to
Page 10. Discussion about w/b fleet percentages. You wrote that the MOU addresses that. The MOU addresses seniority lists.

IMO the SLI will include the w/b percentages as a factor(expressed as career expectations/pay) but it won't necessarily be a 1:1 relationship.
Quote: Page 10. Discussion about w/b fleet percentages. You wrote that the MOU addresses that. The MOU addresses seniority lists.

IMO the SLI will include the w/b percentages as a factor(expressed as career expectations/pay) but it won't necessarily be a 1:1 relationship.
You are correct, the MOU doesn't address separate fleets, but you said that the east /west fleets CAN'T be separated and nothing says that. Who operates those aircraft?

My statement to your quote was incorrect.
"You are correct, the MOU doesn't address separate fleets, but you said that the east /west fleets CAN'T be separated and nothing says that. Who operates those aircraft?"

You are correct, and I was incorrect, in stating that they can't be separated.

From an AA pilot's POV it's not 15% East and 0% West. It's 8% US (w/b percentages). How that will work in the SLI is an unknown but part of the puzzle/solution.
Quote: "You are correct, the MOU doesn't address separate fleets, but you said that the east /west fleets CAN'T be separated and nothing says that. Who operates those aircraft?"

You are correct, and I was incorrect, in stating that they can't be separated.

From an AA pilot's POV it's not 15% East and 0% West. It's 8% US (w/b percentages). How that will work in the SLI is an unknown but part of the puzzle/solution.
Not following why it would matter to an AA pilot. West pilot, yeah.
Quote: Not following why it would matter to an AA pilot. West pilot, yeah.
I would think most AA pilots would want the slotting based on 15% East and 0% West, not 8% US. If the SLI was slotted according to the former ratios, seems like that would favor the AA guys. Most of the East guys will be gone in 10 years. The West...not so much.
Quote: Not following why it would matter to an AA pilot. West pilot, yeah.
Pre merger I don't think AA pilots cared that much.
Post merger there will be one list. Suddenly it matters because it might be a factor in the SLI process.

I'll let the SLI guys figure out how the 15/0 or 8% should be handled.
Quote: Pre merger I don't think AA pilots cared that much.
Post merger there will be one list. Suddenly it matters because it might be a factor in the SLI process.

I'll let the SLI guys figure out how the 15/0 or 8% should be handled.

How does it do anything but help AA pilots? What am I missing?
Quote: I would think most AA pilots would want the slotting based on 15% East and 0% West, not 8% US. If the SLI was slotted according to the former ratios, seems like that would favor the AA guys. Most of the East guys will be gone in 10 years. The West...not so much.
That's what I was thinking.
Quote: I'll let the SLI guys figure out how the 15/0 or 8% should be handled.
What else could you do?
Quote: That's what I was thinking.
Well, MAYBE (just maybe) the APA doesn't think like a Usapian ?

What you two seem to be essentially advocating to slice is that maybe it's best for APA to interpret the wide body fence issue in a way that might just benefit the East more then the West because, well..............it would be more beneficial to AA pilots too and even dangle the East's retirement schedule as a possible carrot !

Sweet sister Sadie, will it EVER end ?
9  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23 
Page 19 of 25
Go to