Is the Aviation Industry Racist?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 13
Go to
Non white male. Regional Captain. 9 1/2 years experience. 6000TT. College degree. Job fairs. Recommendations. Still at a regional. But hey continue finding reasons you aren't getting called.
Yes, reverse discrimination has been in the airline business for quite a while.
And yet every class photo I see from a major is 97% white and male. Just like the industry as a whole. But hey whatever helps you sleep at night.
Quote: And yet every class photo I see from a major is 97% white and male. Just like the industry as a whole. But hey whatever helps you sleep at night.
Bingo. When 2% is still too much
I dare someone to create OWAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there a special checkride for women or minorities? Or does everyone have to pass the same interview and the same checking events?

But I get it. If your life isn't going the way you want it to, it's much easier to blame women/minorities/foreigners rather than take responsibility for yourself.

God knows..us white men have always been oppressed. It's so tough.
Quote: I dare someone to create OWAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't have to. 97%. Who were the snowflakes again?
Of course it is. Saw a very low time (very polite and ambitious lady) no turbine pic time, get sucked into a legacy last month. Happens all the time and you'd be a fool to deny that there are minorities in the airline biz that get to cut the line to the top. Do I blame them for taking advantage of it, no. But it is kinda BS to those of us with 10x the experience getting no calls and every bit as polite and ambitious.
What an off the wall post

The aviation industry is about as progressive as Walt Disney world, and because of union contracts and standardized checking events is the closest thing to a fair playing field as you can find in a human world. But like everything else jeliousy trump's logical, so there's a line of people to complain.
Lol you guys are funny. Keep digging.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 13
Go to