Uh oh

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: I can't recall if ASAP is available with bent metal?

In this case the FO probably doesn't have to even bother... it's self-evident.
ASAP is available for everything but intentional disregard for safety and medically related events. Now, it isn't a guarantee that the company can't come for you or from being classified as a "incident," but it should protect you from certificate action.
The new coined term is "intentional non-compliance" EX. violate sterile <18K, = >intentional non-compliance.
Quote: ASAP is available for everything but intentional disregard for safety and medically related events. Now, it isn't a guarantee that the company can't come for you or from being classified as a "incident," but it should protect you from certificate action.
Sure would be nice to have union representation in situations like this!
Quote: The new coined term is "intentional non-compliance" EX. violate sterile <18K, = >intentional non-compliance.

Yes sterile violations are considered intentional and not protected.

I would also not bet on asap for any devation which occurred during or near a sterile violation, they might conclude that the sterile was a distraction which led to the other issue. Hopefully the crew in BUR was not shooting the breeze when the clipped UAL...
Quote: To be fair they both look like they're on the yellow line, but yeah that corner was cramped when it was 50's in there. The CA is hosed.

Related- was talking with an ASAP guy and he said 9/10 times the F/O throws the CA under the bus in their report!
Captain not hosed unless he was blatantly violating a policy, even then, if he doesn't lie, pee funny or have a CVR which says he was bragging about nailing the FA, well he he should be fine.

We hit things.

It happens.
Quote: Sure would be nice to have union representation in situations like this!

Words best said!!!!!!!!
Quote: Captain not hosed unless he was blatantly violating a policy, even then, if he doesn't lie, pee funny or have a CVR which says he was bragging about nailing the FA, well he he should be fine.

We hit things.

It happens.
It depends, if management likes him, good company guy, cheerleader, Koolaid drinker, nothing will happen.

No koolaid, out spoken about policies or procedures, ALPA committee driver, ASAP writer about safety concerns, Fired!
Quote: It depends, if management likes him, good company guy, cheerleader, Koolaid drinker, nothing will happen.

No koolaid, out spoken about policies or procedures, ALPA committee driver, ASAP writer about safety concerns, Fired!
I hope you're not right. I type a pro-union take on this, then deleted it.
Quote: The new coined term is "intentional non-compliance" EX. violate sterile <18K, = >intentional non-compliance.

don't you mean below 10k for sterile? Or does OO have sterile go to/from 10k?
Quote: don't you mean below 10k for sterile? Or does OO have sterile go to/from 10k?

Sterile is 18K on the way down. Too many gooned up arrivals.
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to