Section 12.A.8 FEDEX TA

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Contract
I've not only read the contact but I live it every day for the last 17 years.
In my 12 years here I have only been extended for maintenance issues. I don't believe the current contract allows them to extend you indefinitely. In fact I don't know that the current contract spells it out one way or the other. But this statement doesn't allow any wiggle room on our parts when we are in the field and find 2 days added on to our trip and complain, we will probably hear the dreaded "Its legal!". I guess it would be nice to know if the NC put this in there at their request to limit extensions, or did the company want it added. That would speak volumes as to the intent of this paragraph.
Quote: I've not only read the contact but I live it every day for the last 17 years.
Thats funny, cause we've only had a contract since June 99
Quote: In my 12 years here I have only been extended for maintenance issues. I don't believe the current contract allows them to extend you indefinitely. In fact I don't know that the current contract spells it out one way or the other. But this statement doesn't allow any wiggle room on our parts when we are in the field and find 2 days added on to our trip and complain, we will probably hear the dreaded "Its legal!". I guess it would be nice to know if the NC put this in there at their request to limit extensions, or did the company want it added. That would speak volumes as to the intent of this paragraph.
I will ask at the Sat roadshow.
Quote: I must say again that it's not a limit for the company but more of a goal for them.

Bottom line: if they can take away days off from us when they need them them we need to get them back--forget about the money. You may, at some point, have your child's wedding to attend and you won't be able to make it because you're stuck in Peoria.
They can do ALL of this now... and do so when they need to. The only difference now is that they have to ask you first if it's more than 48/96 hours into your time off, and you can tell them to stuff it. Explain to me how this is a loss from what we have now.

Every time I come here I feel like the AFLAC Duck at the end of the Yogi Berra ad...
Quote: Every time I come here I feel like the AFLAC Duck at the end of the Yogi Berra ad...
LMAO, true!
Quote: Thats funny, cause we've only had a contract since June 99
In fact you believe that, but the front of the FCH had a sentance that read (This is an individual contract between you and Federal Express.) This was upheld by the courts. I actually used this clause once with scheduling when they would not do what I wanted them to do for me. Tucker was furious about my request and he asked me what I thought I was doing. I pointed him to this sentance and pointed out I was just renegotiating my contract.
Contact v. FCH
Theoretically, they might be able to extend you under the current contract indefinitely, but have they? No. Now, they will extend you two days, definitively. It will become a mode of daily operation, with no language to protect minimum days off per month.

This should be a deal breaker all by itself.

PS yes you are correct about the '99 onset of the contract nowithstanding the FCH
I'm not sure I can see how they might be more inclined to extend us under the new contract as opposed to the current. We're paid 150% for the first 12 ch, then 200% after that (sec. 3, compensation). Has anyone found anything that indicates if we get the days back later in the month? What if it's the end of the month?
BTW, 12.A.8 of the TA says they can sched. us beyond the 48/96 WITHOUT our consent if wx or maint. is involved. That could open another can of worms, as well.
The unsanta clause
I'd love to know if there is a clause somewhere in the TA that address' minimum days off protection?
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to