Who's been hired? [New Employer Can ID You!]

Subscribe
119  169  209  215  216  217  218  219  220  221  222  223  229 
Page 219 of 259
Go to
Quote: No rush: prepare to become a lifer. It will suit you well....
If you haven't heard some airlines require a certain TPIC. Which is why I'm building my hours. But that's okay I rather do it the classy way, than to beg to everyone on here.

Quote: I want to work at AS so badly.... What will I have to do? Does previous AK bush pilot time help?
Quote: I quite litterally am, and knowing denverpilot7, I know that he is too haha. Can't wait...I'll be the first guy in line to talk to the recruiter for my five minutes of fame.
Quote: If you haven't heard some airlines require a certain TPIC. Which is why I'm building my hours. But that's okay I rather do it the classy way, than to beg to everyone on here.
Yup. Networking and seeking advice is a TERRIBLE idea!

But yeah just put your head down keep flying. Build tons of hours and earn it the "classy way". Because that has worked so well for everyone else... And don't you dare sellout by asking for letters of recommendation, interview gouge, going to job fairs... Just build those hours and then tell us how much you deserve the job more than everyone else once you can't get hired. Keep it classy.
Quote: Yup. Networking and seeking advice is a TERRIBLE idea!

But yeah just put your head down keep flying. Build tons of hours and earn it the "classy way". Because that has worked so well for everyone else... And don't you dare sellout by asking for letters of recommendation, interview gouge, going to job fairs... Just build those hours and then tell us how much you deserve the job more than everyone else once you can't get hired. Keep it classy.
That pretty much sums it up. Glad you agree with me.
Quote: Yup. Networking and seeking advice is a TERRIBLE idea!

I agree with you fully, sweetholyjesus. The rules of the game are as you mention above. I have no idea what Riverside's problem is, but he (or she) is shooting their chances at moving on by not playing along. Less competition for anyone that does all those things, I guess. And yes, I do strongly believe that most of us are building turbine time and one day TPIC as well.
hi guys,

Wondering if anyone is getting called without a degree.
Im flying Kingair 350's. About 2700TT with 1200 PIC Turbine. 135/91
Thinking of going to the regionals in hopes to get in the majors in a couple years. Anyone had a problem with no degree, and some college?

Thanks
CanardPilot
No degree = no major airline job.

The path to get around that requirement is to get hired by one of AA's wholly owned regionals. That bypasses the degree requirement.

Envoy increased starting pay to $37.90 today. Plus a $20K signing bonus and a $20K retention bonus at the end of the year.
I saw something on FB "RST Preview" where someone with 3000 hrs TT and less than 1000 hrs TPIC and only 121 time received a CJO from DAL. That person had several "F"s and "W"s in college. How they did it is beyond me...but oh boy is it motivating. That is low-time as can be....
Delta CJO
App published: Jan 2016
Invite: July 2016
Interview: Sep 2016
Avail Date: Aug 2016

TT - 4,091, almost all mil, 23 yrs
PIC - 2,450
TPIC - 2,070
Multi - 3,384
ATP, CFI, CFII, MEI, XP, IP, FCF
BS - 3.1 EE, MS - 4.0 Aviation Sys
Safety Officer
No Type Cert
Some Volunteer
5 recs - no internal silver bullets
No Job Fairs
Only one tour out of cockpit
150 hours last 12 mo

Prep: ECIC/RSTDelta - both essential

Success rate interview day: 12/15

Expecting Indoc on 7 November

I’m thankful to all who contribute to this forum and humbled to be on this path.

Availability was initially early Oct, due to flexibility in current position, was able to move it to Aug. Invite came one week after moving availability date.
Quote: No degree = no major airline job.

The path to get around that requirement is to get hired by one of AA's wholly owned regionals. That bypasses the degree requirement.

Envoy increased starting pay to $37.90 today. Plus a $20K signing bonus and a $20K retention bonus at the end of the year.
Not having a degree is not the end of the world. People still get hired at Hawaiian, JetBlue, Spirit, Virgin, Alaska, Atlas, Kalitta, foreign airlines and the occasional new hire at United or American. It's an up hill battle but folks do get hired without one. Having said that, get the degree to make life simple..
Quote: Not having a degree is not the end of the world. People still get hired at Hawaiian, JetBlue, Spirit, Virgin, Alaska, Atlas, Kalitta, foreign airlines and the occasional new hire at United or American. It's an up hill battle but folks do get hired without one. Having said that, get the degree to make life simple..
It's kind of like the stat that says 97% of major airline pilots have a degree in something. Are you shooting to be among the 3% without or the clear majority. Everyone has a career goal in mind.
119  169  209  215  216  217  218  219  220  221  222  223  229 
Page 219 of 259
Go to