Time to Jump ship from Hawaiian?

Subscribe
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26 
Page 22 of 27
Go to
Quote: You passed your first test. Well done
If this was a test why did you edit your post to remove the “K”
Quote: If this was a test why did you edit your post to remove the “K”
To give guys like you something to stress about. I goofed and made a joke about it. Sorry if I confused you into thinking this was a real test. Relax, you can stop studying now.
We will look back on St. Patty's day 2019 as the day SW attempted to serve Hawai'i, or the beginning of the end for Hawaiian.
Quote: We will look back on St. Patty's day 2019 as the day SW attempted to serve Hawai'i, or the beginning of the end for Hawaiian.
Fear not, we will LUV you and, Just like Winston Smith, you will LUV us in return.
So did the first SW plane land in Hawaii today? I’m sure it was a media circus. I always knew this day would come and it’s partly why I could never get excited about working there.

HR: “So tell us why should we hire you over all the other applicants”

Me: “I just need a job and I promise I won’t get lost”

HR: “Can you pull an animal out of this hat and then tell us why you picked it”

Me: “what does that have to do with anything, really”

This is what happens when Hawaiian Airlines spends all their money on bs next generation artificial intelligence HR systems instead of giving locals fair deals on transportation.

The reckoning has arrived. Thank you Gary Kelly!
Quote: This is what happens when Hawaiian Airlines spends all their money on bs next generation artificial intelligence HR systems instead of giving locals fair deals on transportation.

looks like somebody’s panties are still in a wad because they didn’t get the job.

Re: “Fair deals”. That horse was beaten to death years ago. The rates out here ARE market rate. SWA Might drive that down a little bit, but the end of the day market rate is market rate. It’s not 1999-2008 anymore.

Yes, there is a large faction of folks out here that got used to $40 Tickets that should’ve been going for $150 to begin with. Sadly, they mistook that has low fare for being a “right” -vs- a fight to the death feeding frenzy between three carriers.

As Kingair has been saying over and over, our rates out here are market rate. Life isn’t fair. If you want to go from Island to Island for $40, bring back the super ferry!

Oh... There still is another airline operating out here if you wanna jump islands on the cheap.
Quote: looks like somebody’s panties are still in a wad because they didn’t get the job.

Re: “Fair deals”. That horse was beaten to death years ago. The rates out here ARE market rate. SWA Might drive that down a little bit, but the end of the day market rate is market rate. It’s not 1999-2008 anymore.

Yes, there is a large faction of folks out here that got used to $40 Tickets that should’ve been going for $150 to begin with. Sadly, they mistook that has low fare for being a “right” -vs- a fight to the death feeding frenzy between three carriers.

As Kingair has been saying over and over, our rates out here are market rate. Life isn’t fair. If you want to go from Island to Island for $40, bring back the super ferry!

Oh... There still is another airline operating out here if you wanna jump islands on the cheap.
Speaking of ferries....what’s the situation with those between the islands? Fares? Travel times?
Quote: Speaking of ferries....what’s the situation with those between the islands? Fares? Travel times?

The only one operating was shut down over political reasons. People didn’t want it.

If you live in a small town with limited air service that is expensive, do you close your bus terminal? No, I don’t think so. If you do close your bus terminal, then you have to pay market rate airfare.

At the end of the day, airlines are in business to make money and be profitable. One airline going out of business because the rates were too far below market value is enough. Well, I guess two airlines now with Island Air. Sounds to me like the rates are already low enough.

Question for all you guys that think rates are too high here...

<—- We pay market rate on fuel, transportation, general expenses and labor. We don’t get our fuel cheaper, we don’t get our hotel rooms cheaper, and you’re darn sure not getting your PILOTS cheaper anymore, SO... If the rates are going to come down, where is that money supposed to come from. Are we all supposed to take pay cuts so the people that think they’re entitled to cheap airfare can have it?
Quote: The only one operating was shut down over political reasons. People didn’t want it.

If you live in a small town with limited air service that is expensive, do you close your bus terminal? No, I don’t think so. If you do close your bus terminal, then you have to pay market rate airfare.

At the end of the day, airlines are in business to make money and be profitable. One airline going out of business because the rates were too far below market value is enough. Well, I guess two airlines now with Island Air. Sounds to me like the rates are already low enough.

Question for all you guys that think rates are too high here...

<—- We pay market rate on fuel, transportation, general expenses and labor. We don’t get our fuel cheaper, we don’t get our hotel rooms cheaper, and you’re darn sure not getting your PILOTS cheaper anymore, SO... If the rates are going to come down, where is that money supposed to come from. Are we all supposed to take pay cuts so the people that think they’re entitled to cheap airfare can have it?
No. Not at all. Airfares are far cheaper than they should be. Are you seriously saying that there is no ferry service between the islands? I can’t believe that...
Quote: Airfares are far cheaper than they should be.
Whoah, continuing all the good work we’ve done!

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timei...ion-settlement
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26 
Page 22 of 27
Go to