Bankruptcy

Subscribe
View Poll Results: Will AA declare bankruptcy?
Yes
70.65%
No
29.35%
Voters: 310. You may not vote on this poll
23  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  43  83  133 
Page 33 of 154
Go to
Quote: I hope they eat crow for predicting failure. You don’t?
Piloting is hard. Reading is harderer.
Quote: Piloting is hard. Reading is harderer.

May want to take a look.
Quote: I hope they eat crow for predicting failure. You don’t?
How can anyone predict the level of government assistance we’ve seen. Never would I have imagined that was going to happen. And to be truthful in a true free market system it would have never been allowed to happen.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see how AA, DA, and UA contend with the question of what to do with their international wide bodies.
Quote: How can anyone predict the level of government assistance we’ve seen. Never would I have imagined that was going to happen. And to be truthful in a true free market system it would have never been allowed to happen.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see how AA, DA, and UA contend with the question of what to do with their international wide bodies.
Who ever said the US has a free market at any point in modern history?

They’ll fly them for profit.
Quote: Who ever said the US has a free market at any point in modern history?
Uuuhhhh... You serious Clark?
Quote: How can anyone predict the level of government assistance we’ve seen. Never would I have imagined that was going to happen. And to be truthful in a true free market system it would have never been allowed to happen.

In a true free market there wouldn’t have been travel restrictions in the first place. AA will replace all 777s with 787 orders is my prediction and go down to 3 fleet types.
Quote: In a true free market there wouldn’t have been travel restrictions in the first place. AA will replace all 777s with 787 orders is my prediction and go down to 3 fleet types.
thats a lot of $$$ to spend right now for an airline with so much debt
Quote: thats a lot of $$$ to spend right now for an airline with so much debt
Lots of used 787sb. Norwegian. I'm sure there plenty of others
Quote: In a true free market there wouldn’t have been travel restrictions in the first place. AA will replace all 777s with 787 orders is my prediction and go down to 3 fleet types.
My prediction is AA will not order any more 787s to replace 777s for awhile. Maybe replace the 330s and 767s that were retired. But getting to 4 types and most pretty new is good.
We already have enough 787s on order to replace most of the 777 fleet, it will be a large net loss of widebodies after you count the A330s and 767s that were parked. Going down to 3 fleet types saves a lot of $ after the one time write off for parking the triples.
23  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  43  83  133 
Page 33 of 154
Go to