New Hire Class Drops

Subscribe
286  336  376  382  383  384  385  386  387  388  389  390  396  436  486 
Page 386 of 506
Go to
Quote: People argued vehemently on here that the ER is a widebody. New hires have been getting that for the last 8 years. Not sure what is so mind blowing now about new hires still getting wide body spots.
Really bro? You can’t “see” the difference between flying 757s to Florida and an A350?

Some of you guys try so hard to be negative it’s kind of sad
Quote: People argued vehemently on here that the ER is a widebody. New hires have been getting that for the last 8 years. Not sure what is so mind blowing now about new hires still getting wide body spots.
Huh? I'm really biting my tongue to respond to this one. But this is really ignorant.

Quote: Really bro? You can’t “see” the difference between flying 757s to Florida and an A350?

Some of you guys try so hard to be negative it’s kind of sad
+1
ER also wasn’t awarded to newhires between early 2018 and early 2020.
Quote: Pretty sure no 350 slots went unbid. If you want ATL, I’d bud something other than ER as your trips on 737/320 will be better than ER in ATL. 765 is a good plane to commute to, but don’t expect ATL anytime soon. Right now it’s about 3 years to hold that base, and it isn’t trending more junior either with the new TA pay banding.
What makes ATL 737/320 better than 7ER trips? I thought all three were about the same except for the rare international 7ER trip.
Quote: What makes ATL 737/320 better than 7ER trips? I thought all three were about the same except for the rare international 7ER trip.
Avoiding florida is worth a lot
Quote: Avoiding florida is worth a lot
Unless you live there. Then the ER is go-home machine.
Quote: What makes ATL 737/320 better than 7ER trips? I thought all three were about the same except for the rare international 7ER trip.
Quote: Avoiding florida is worth a lot
The ability to stand up up and comfortably stretch your arms and legs even with a jumpseater up front is worth a lot on longer flights.
if you have MiCrew take a look at March rotations and compare. Cross off any augmented trips as those will be gone before the even 10,000# seniorities. ATL ER has a ton of short leg lengths and therefore a lot of 3 leg days (even up to 4) but what’s a real kick vs 737/320 3 leg days is the multiple 3 leg days followed by 11-13 hour layovers CONSECUTIVELY.

DO NOT be fooled to fly a 757/767 and be based in ATL. It’s among some of the worst flying in the airline and if you want to fly on the fleet and actually enjoy good trips you would need to look at LAX/NYC. Which do have a handful of bad rotations. But wanna know why? It’s either a sports charter or…it’s a trip going through ATL. The key to good ER flying is avoiding ATL.

so if I was a new hire I would not pick ER if my plan was to be in ATL.
Quote: if you have MiCrew take a look at March rotations and compare. Cross off any augmented trips as those will be gone before the even 10,000# seniorities. ATL ER has a ton of short leg lengths and therefore a lot of 3 leg days (even up to 4) but what’s a real kick vs 737/320 3 leg days is the multiple 3 leg days followed by 11-13 hour layovers CONSECUTIVELY.

DO NOT be fooled to fly a 757/767 and be based in ATL. It’s among some of the worst flying in the airline and if you want to fly on the fleet and actually enjoy good trips you would need to look at LAX/NYC. Which do have a handful of bad rotations. But wanna know why? It’s either a sports charter or…it’s a trip going through ATL. The key to good ER flying is avoiding ATL.

so if I was a new hire I would not pick ER if my plan was to be in ATL.
One point to note is a lot of the 3-4 leg days are 1 hour florida/savannah/charleston flights. On the bus the three leg days are 2 hour NYC/Florida stuff. The latter is wayyy more tiring imo. I feel busy and the day kind of flies by doing a few short flights.
I think the 320 ATL has some pretty good variety as far as domestic flying goes. Obviously lots of east coast NY/DC/ATL, but a good mix of west coast, mountain west (even Roanoke, VA in the east), Midwest, southwest, Canada, and some Caribbean and Mexico.
286  336  376  382  383  384  385  386  387  388  389  390  396  436  486 
Page 386 of 506
Go to